• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Won't Allow Mod to be Published

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
What it says above, it has my default mod name as Just Another Starcraft 2 Map (ofcourse), so I changed it to Revenge, but it still says my Publish name has unacceptable words Starcraft LOCALE which is infuriating as not only will it not allow me to use the Use For All Locales button, but has pretty much locked my mod down and theres no way to change it, and I cant change the name in the Maps tab because the only things there are Game Attributes and Game Variants because its a mod and I know for damn sure that I never used the word Starcraft in my mod, so can someone help me out here?

Level 4
Did you change any of the Game Varients or Attributes?

I was having trouble publishing my map with the same "unnaceptable words" error cropping up, and it turned out to be because I had too many Game Attributes. Once they were trimmed down, it published fine.

Level 4
Unfortunately, "Unacceptable words" could mean anything really. If you have "too much" of something somewhere in "Text" they are out of the bounds of acceptability, and thats what the Unacceptable could mean.

its not necessarily due to SPECIFIC words being disliked by Blizzard.

Open the TEXT editor
and go through everything in green to see if any of your lengths are exuberant. And also make sure DESCRIPTION, NAME, DESCRIPTION SHORT, and AUTHOR are not still the default values Blizzard puts.

They should really have the error they give you list exactly what word is unacceptable. So its easier to locate and fix.

Level 9
Ah much thanks blue, I managed to fix it by going into the text editor and changing its mod name, which I cant seem to do anywhere else, still had to save and then close and open editor before it registered but its a success. +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.