• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest: Autolot Games needs some animated models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
deepstrasz said:
So when should a testing version come out?

If you refer to a test version for TDT:DD, there won't by any but a gameplay video. There will be one in 3 weeks as part of our Kickstarter campaign, and we'll keep posting new gameplay videos showing our progress as we move forward.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If you refer to a test version for TDT:DD, there won't by any but a gameplay video. There will be one in 3 weeks as part of our Kickstarter campaign, and we'll keep posting new gameplay videos showing our progress as we move forward.
Ok but the idea is to know and feel what a product is before having to buy it. It's not food, you don't buy it first, ingest it and then decide if you want more or not.

Level 3
deepstrasz said:
Ok but the idea is to know and feel what a product is before having to buy it. It's not food, you don't buy it first, ingest it and then decide if you want more or not.

I understand the reasoning behind, but I don't think one can get proper taste of what a rpg can offer unless he has been playing for a bunch of hours. If it was an action game, an FPS, a platform game, or any other genre where mechanics are fast and easy to pick up, I would share the same view.

It's like... I don't know if there's a demo for this one, but imagine Journey for the PS3 having a demo. I wouldn¡t be able to transmit the whole experience.

A different thing is a beta testing process, where selected gamers not only help to find bugs, but also to tune up the gameplay and point issues in the game mechanics.

Hopefully there will be plenty of videos and reviews to help the community build up a more or less objective opinion about what TDT:DD can offer.

Level 25
I understand the reasoning behind, but I don't think one can get proper taste of what a rpg can offer unless he has been playing for a bunch of hours. If it was an action game, an FPS, a platform game, or any other genre where mechanics are fast and easy to pick up, I would share the same view.

It's like... I don't know if there's a demo for this one, but imagine Journey for the PS3 having a demo. I wouldn¡t be able to transmit the whole experience.

A different thing is a beta testing process, where selected gamers not only help to find bugs, but also to tune up the gameplay and point issues in the game mechanics.

Hopefully there will be plenty of videos and reviews to help the community build up a more or less objective opinion about what TDT:DD can offer.

I'm pretty sure Diablo 3 had a beta, and I know for a fact that Torchlight 2 had one; both well renowned RPG games, and, as far as I could tell, of the same genre as TDT.

Hey guys,

here is my latest update, I do need to fix some small issues here and there, but you get the idea :)

What do you think?

attachment.php

Consists of 3 x 1024x1024 for the model and 1 x 1024x512 for the sheath and sword.

T.

Attachments

• wip006.png
    wip006.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 622
Level 5
so this is my wip, 2200~ polies by now, ill add armour l8err
Uv is done for the body, i suck at texturing though

287qlib.jpg

opx0d5.jpg

hope ill finish it b4 deadline x_X

Level 10
I have questions:

1. Is hair necessary? Because Hood covers it.

2. By the way Deadline is 20 March, so this mean we can't upload on 20 march?

3. And all animations should be aggressive stance (with sword in hand)?

Last edited:
Level 3
Manoo said:
I have questions:

1. Is hair necessary? Because Hood covers it.

2. By the way Deadline is 20 March, so this mean we can't upload on 20 march?

3. And all animations should be aggressive stance (with sword in hand)?

1. It's not strictly necessary to make a different object for hair and hood.

2. We'll allow one more month, until 1st May, so you can finish your models the animations =)

3. It's not necessary for the idle. You can make one idle with the sword if you have the time.

Taylor_Mouse said:
I have a question too, in all of the screens, all idle characters have their weapon in hand, does this mean all animation should have weapon in hand?

The same as before, it's not necessary for the idle. You can make one idel with the sword if you have the time.

Level 10
Hello Guys,

How are You? As I see Taylor updated his model. Okey and there's my last version of danah. I hope u enjoy it :).
logoasi.jpg

Model front and back position.
logo2vco.jpg

And ofcourse a half naked :D.
logo3aa.jpg

I have decide also to add how my models looks with some lighting. As I aspected proper lighting means everything :D.
logo4ma.jpg

Stand Animation

Walk Animation

Run Animation

Death Animation

Attack Animation

Spell Animation

Talk Animation

Greet Animation, Yea I know it's looks more like goodbay, but I saw in your video that u using same greet style.

And there's short danah model test video to show her in action, it's actually my first rendered video, maybe that's way it's look not that good as supposed to (excluding those animation videos). Sorry autoloot games if I maked u somehow angry because of using your logo at video end :). Enjoy it :).

Credits to Sounds:
Two steps from hell - winterspell
free-loops.com
Blizzard sound, entering main screen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.