• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

50 € Reward for Fixing Gnoll Runt Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
--- CLOSED ---

Hi!

Sound Mind Games decided to offer 50 € money reward to the first one, who fixes the bugs in Mephestrial's Gnoll Runt model. The bugs are reported in this thread:

Gnoll Runt Death Animation Bug

In recap, they are:
1. Bones appearing under units near a dead Gnoll Runt
2. No death sound
3. No bones after death

Make sure that you use the Alok's fixed model as a starting point, or you need also to fix the missing repair animation sound. This model is also attached to this post (GnollRunt.zip).

The conditions for receiving the reward are:
1. All above bugs are fixed
2. No new bugs are introduced
3. The model works in-game
4. You are the first one to send the fixed model (we do not reward others)

The fixed model must be sent to [email protected].

We will test the fixed models and determine the winner. When the winner has been found, we will update this thread and mark the thread as closed.

The reward money will be transfered through PayPal, with the following conditions:
1. The winner must have a PayPal account
2. We will be responsible for all PayPal fees for the money transfer
3. We will ensure that you receive exactly 50 €
4. For currency exchange, the PayPal rates wll be used
5. The winner will be responsible for all taxes and tax-like costs in his or her country

For all questions, you can reply to this thread, or send me email to [email protected].

Best regards,
Tommi

Attachments

• GnollRunt.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thank you for your efforts. However, there is still a small new bug in the model that HappyTauren sent to me, wherefore we cannot yet accept the model. The bones are showing up in "decay flesh" animation. I attached a test map to this post, where you can see it. There is a Gnoll Runt on the left of the starting position, with a permanent Decay Flesh animation, and the bones are showing up. This bug needs to be fixed before we can reward you with money.

Attachments

• GnollRuntTest.w3m
    86.9 KB · Views: 34
This should do it. Bones start appearing in decay flesh animation, but only later on, so it behaves like normal wc3 units.

I changed the animation to make gnoll sink into the ground slower, so I can show bones later.
I changed the positioning of bones to make it in the shape of the fallen body.

Attachments

• GnollRuntDFinal.mdx
    170.1 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.