• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Confused with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Does anybody know how too modify the Incenerate (arrow) ability in the WE like how to modify its damage and death damage and death damage area?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Ohhh.. didn't really see that thanks! By the way Uncle do you know how to add a cooldown of the incinerate spell? I'm using the incenerate (arrow) one.
Well, this triggered incinerate is intended to be used with a blank passive ability.

For Incinerate (Arrow), you can just add a Cooldown to it in the Object Editor.

I'm a bit confused though, aren't you using this triggered passive system since the (Arrow) version doesn't work?

Level 9
Well, this triggered incinerate is intended to be used with a blank passive ability.

For Incinerate (Arrow), you can just add a Cooldown to it in the Object Editor.

I'm a bit confused though, aren't you using this triggered passive system?
Well i actually am using this system i have pasted it in my map but i'm not really using the passive incenerate one i intended to use the autocast one that's why i asked how to modify it's stats in the first place. For the cooldown one i thought the cooldown in the object editor would not work since it already has a passive trigger.

Level 9
Alright, do you have triggers that enable/disable it or something? Because it's not designed to work with Incinerate (Arrow).

Test it yourself, it will deal damage regardless of whether or not you turn it on.
I just replaced the incinerate with incinerate (arrow) since it has a trigger for enabling and disabling it do you know how to add it?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Yeah, you can't do that because the system is designed to only work as a passive ability.

Anyway, I made it work for toggle abilities. It's using Searing Arrow as the base ability so you'll have to update it.

To make it work I added a line to the code that checks if the abilities cooldown is <= 0.00 seconds and it also checks if the ability is toggled on (I use a Boolean to keep track of this state).
If both of these are True then it deals damage.

So all you have to do is adjust the cooldown of the ability on the Object Editor.

Attachments

• Triggered Incinerate v1.2 Uncle 1.w3x
    56 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 9
Okay, I created a new ability based on Searing Arrows. I then made the system check if the abilities cooldown is <= 0.00 seconds before dealing damage.

So all you have to do is adjust the cooldown of the ability on the Object Editor.
Ohh okay thanks Uncle!

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Here's an alternate version that forces the cooldown to start with triggers whenever you deal damage. I made this one because Autocast abilities are buggy when it comes to their Cooldown field. I had forgotten about this bug... the ability doesn't go on cooldown unless you manually target a unit with your Hero. You can see the bug happen when you let the Hero autoattack/switch targets on it's own.

And to import it: Delete the old folder and then copy and paste the new one. What I added: Adjusted the code, added a new trigger, a new ability, a new variable, and in this 2nd version another variable as well.

Attachments

• Triggered Incinerate v1.2 Uncle 2.w3x
    56.5 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.