• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Conflicting triggers what to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am going to put 2 examples down of triggers for the game I'm making unfortunately trigger 1 makes trigger 2 totally pointless and makes it impossible for the antagonist team to win even if he defeats everyone on the protagonist team.

Here are the triggers these are the triggers in place to make the conditions of the antagonist winning(victory for the protagonists is simply killing a unit, for the antagonist it's more complicated)
  • heroes defeat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red))) or ((((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make (Owner of (Triggering unit)) treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision
This trigger makes sure when the antagonist kills a protagonist's indefinite hero they become obs and can then leave the game if they want or observe everyone's work and learn something.

• Monster master victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
      • ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Has left the game) or ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is unused)
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory MonsterMaster (Skip dialogs, Show scores)[/HIDDEN]
This trigger makes the antagonist win if they can kill all the heroes. Before, they would leave when they were defeated, with the new obs-on-defeat system when your hero is killed, I'm not exactly sure how to defeat the heroes. Call it a combo of laziness and inexperience but I'm not sure about what condition I could use. Any help would be nice TY in advance.

So if that's the case what exactly should I do... maybe I didn't make myself clear. In order for grp 2(player 12) to win I need him to destroy all 9 of grp 1 (players 1-9)'s heroes. The heroes are choosable at the start of the game and it's kind of hard for me to do triggers but if you look at trigger one you'll realize I figured that since you should have only one hero if the game is played correctly, I made it so if one grp 1's heroes die they are defeated. But I might have figured it out if there is a condition that can check if the player has a hero.

Level 3
Just because the hero has died doesn't mean the player has left the game. Thus, the conditions involving the players is incorrect. You should create a unitgroup for the protagonist heros and write a trigger so if all the units in that unitgroup are dead then the antagonist wins.
Alternatively, You could make a condition for defeat of individual protagonist players upon the death of their hero (which is what it looks like you have now). The only issue is that after a player dies, even if they are defeated, they can stay in the game (ex. an afk player) and this could prolong the victory of the antagonist as well.

I think I may have it

• Monster master victory
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True
      • (Number of units in (Units of type warrior of light)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type master hunter)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Strikemage)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type lord of lightning)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type infernolord)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type warder)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Changer)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Changer-??? form)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type healmaster)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Changer-deadly spider form)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type legendary mountain giant)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Changer-ghost form)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Changer-wyrm form)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Holy Death Knight)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type blood elemental)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Towering Peasant)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type Lord of aura)) Equal to 0
      • (Number of units in (Units of type skonk)) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory MonsterMaster (Skip dialogs, Show scores)
This should check if there are any of the selectable heroes in the game when one has died and if the dying unit was from grp 1 so that it won't be abused at the beginning of the game. Can someone please validate this trigger?

Level 9
[Off-Topic:] When you click at Maps section, you can see what maps you've made, approved/rejected/all. I don't believe that your map would be rejected due to a "swear word" unless that's inside the map, which would make sense.

The way they changed the approval system allows members to rate and mini-approve or not a map, in order to help the mods. The way that mods approve a map has not been changed, since it's up to their judgement 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.