1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Conflagrate

Submitted by KILLCIDE, Mr.Goblin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Icon for the Conflagrate ability, drawn on a 64x64 canvas. The ability was a part of THE FLAMING SKULL OF WADDLES's contest entry in Hero Contest #8 - Tavern Hero. Check out the entry here!

Feel free to use and edit as you please, so long as you credit Mr.Goblin.
Contents

Conflagrate (Icon)

Reviews
Murlocologist
Plot twist, resolves the misunderstanding. Next time send such context to section staff before you make yourselves co-authors.
  1. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Why is the authorship shared? The one who drew the icon is the author of icon. And the other one shouldn't be set as author of icon corresponding to his resource unless he drew it.

2. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Does it really matter? Regardless, he wanted me to upload it.

3. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    When matching icon for a resource is made, author of resource corresponding to icon is not put as author. Only the one who drew the icon. Inspiration and credits for such are put in description. That's how it works, so yes, it does matter.

4. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Closest rule I see on authorship for the Icon Section is this:

Im more than happy to provide proof of permission, and I also put in very visible text to give credit to Mr.Goblin. Unless Im missing something, please dont create rules out of thin air.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was created for a contest that was focused on team work.
    The contest entry was a team creation, it was judged as a creation of the team, not as the
    creation of any single user

The entire entry, both art & code, was a team creation.

6. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    On a side note, the icon wasn't actually a part of the entry :p I was in a discord call with Mr.Goblin while he made the set, occasionally bouncing ideas off of each other for what the icon should look like. Im sure this is why Mr.Goblin was more than okay having me as a co-author.

7. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Rules don't cover the moderation practice. What I stated earlier is the practice of icon section.
    Authorship rule part you quoted applies only when the reason to upload someone else's icon is justified. For example, when actual author doesn't use his website account.

8. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I alloud Killcide to post for me. Because it's made for their ressources. I wanted the icons to join the bundle made for these ressources as well.(Model and spell). So ill be credited for the model and the spell as well while I didnt do shit. It's a fair trade. Also did the icon based on his feedback. You see an issue where there is none. Sorry. But thanks for having my back though!

9. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Essentially a fancy way of saying you create rules out of thin air. I don't think the rules were made for that kind of interpretation.

Forgive me for the headache, but I dont want to spread the stigma that just because someone on the Staff says something, it should be followed. With that in mind, unless I see what you said as written text, I'll keep it like this.

10. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We have no rules about who can be author as long as the creator is an author as well. KILLCIDE contributed in some way to the creation of this icon with ideas and how he wanted it made. This is a non-issue.

11. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright so since what ralle said should we approve the whole set or? honestly i am neutral with this situation so whatever is the outcome ill handle.

12. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yes we don't have rule for who can be added as alternate author, however moderation practice is well known, at least to those who ever visit icon section. Following your logic, as long as two users agree to be put as authors they can, regardless of which one drew the icon? By that logic authors field can be used for describing inspiration or the matching model's author. It is well known that alternate authors were never the authors of corresponding resources for which icons are made for, not even when they were based on screenshots. Description was used to describe those.

Alternate author field so far was only used to describe that the icon is recolored version of in-game icon or when icon was edited by more than one user. I stand by what I have said in earlier posts. If you think your explanation for who can be credited as author by being added as alternate author makes any sense, add it to rules instead of presenting so confidently what you think is how things work in a random reply.

13. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    bring this debate in the Mod loby.

For this Icon I gave my permission to Killcide to be co-author, since it will allow him to add these icons to his bundle of the Mur'gul Warlock. I'm more then fine sharing the credit since the description is also pretty clear who made the icons.

14. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Plot twist,
    resolves the misunderstanding.
    Next time send such context to section staff before you make yourselves co-authors.

15. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ill add the specifications in the description when I get home.