• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Competition of Doom -- POLL!

Whose concept is the best?

• l0w_kwaliti

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Xatoga

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • moyack

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Elenai

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • FamousPker49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyritie

• iristle

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Sacrimo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FireEffect

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • HeretoDLstuff

• SuPa-

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • SeruK

• iron_warrior

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
RDZ scratch animates.

Oh, and I'm guessing because Rao likes transformers that he'll let this one pass even though it says in the rules that:

• The concept must not be 'ripped' from any other computer game, film...
    • I will judge the line between 'heavily influenced' and 'carbon-copy', seeking additional judgement from fellow moderators/admins if there is cause for dissatisfaction.

Level 23
It's not a carbon copy; being a fan of the film as I am, I know the characters well enough to say that moyack's concept is no copy of any item I am aware of.

The "no copies" rule was produced so we didn't get a rush of people drawing things such as "Terran Goliaths" and other Starcraft shite that has been requested a million times before. Heavy influence is allowed because we are all products of everything we have ever seen -- in the universe, there are no original ideas; merely recombinations of existing ideas.

And if you wish to dispute 'heavily influenced', then you should also note Elenai's entry being very heavily influenced by Warhammer 40k's Eldar... Oh, wait, he's only in second place by a tiny margin.

Really guys, I'm detecting a lack of sportsmanship here -- first Pyritie's blabbering on about everyone voting for themselves, and now this. I have judged all entries you see in the poll above fit according to the rules I laid down, and discarded others that were not.

Less of the crying, lads, and more of the "bah, I'll do it better and win by a huge margin next time!"

Besides, there is still a day or so of voting left.

Level 10
This is also a learning experience, it tells you to try harder next time! Seriously guys, just like Rao Dao Zao said, its all a game here, and we are here to have fun with the possibility of rep, gaming needs sportsmanship.

Moyack is a very skilled artist with patience of a tree, I don't think you guys know how long it took him to make his drawings, he deserves to win in my opinion.

Level 35
then you should also note Elenai's entry being very heavily influenced by Warhammer 40k's Eldar... Oh, wait, he's only in second place by a tiny margin.

Indeed, this is true. My design was highly influenced by the Eldar...mostly the Wraith Lord.

I personally like Moyack's piece...I just hope I get keep second place atleast :grin:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

3 votes and you'll tie for second. Good luck with that.

Level 23
The poll is closed!

And the winner is...

moyack
With his giant robot/tank transformer; winning by a decent margin with 16 votes.

Second place goes to Elenai's elven-based soldier-bot with a solid 8 votes.

And Xatoga landed third place with his space-robot-pirate.

Congratulations to our winners, commiserations to our losers -- but thank you all for taking part and giving us a vibrant, interesting competition.

Work shall commence immediately on the winning entry. Well done, moyack!

Level 35
The poll is closed!
And the winner is...
moyack
With his giant robot/tank transformer; winning by a decent margin with 16 votes

Second place goes to Elenai's elven-based soldier-bot with a solid 8 votes
And Xatoga landed third place with his space-robot-pirate. Congratulations to our winners, commiserations to our losers -- but thank you all for taking part and giving us a vibrant, interesting competition.
Work shall commence immediately on the winning entry. Well done, moyack!

Nice.. although I wanted to see that space pirate. But hey cant Xatoga not make it himself :wgrin:

Level 15
First of all, I want to give my gratitude to Rao Dao Zao for developing this contest and, indirectly, for give me a good excuse to return to the pencil activity. I want to be honest: this makes me feel alive again. From now on, I'll dedicate more time to the drawing activity rather than scripting. I want to give my gratitude too to all the people who voted for me and gave me support and enthusiasm to retake the drawing.

I trust blindly in Rao Dao Zao skills, and I'm sure the result will be much better than the concept itself, simply I'm just too impatient to see the result.

Unfortunately (and I feel that I have to say it), I sensed a bad attitude among some contestants, which drove me to doubt about how seriously they took this contest (mainly when I saw that intention of screw up my entry giving a bad interpretation to one rule) damn!!! that's too low and immature.

It's sad to have a bad thing with a contest when the purpose of this kind of events is to learn, to be fair, to show your skills, to prove yourself, to improve yourself. For that reason I took the decision to not participate anymore in any contest at the Hive, I don't want to pass for that situation never more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.