• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer is a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Night Stryke said:
I think it's about time superspider got banned for a while or something. He's blatantly breaking the rules. This isn't the first time he's flipped out on someone for expressing their opinion, and breaking site rules while he's at it. Unless I'm mistaken, and this is Russia or something, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some of us think computers are a drug, so what? If you can't handle someone's opinion that doesn't match yours, then f**k off.
you said the f-word...and you acuse ME of flaming :roll: :roll:

let me just say it is not a drug.its just something people get addicted to.but that DOES NOT MEAN ITS A DRUG!!!!!!!!!!

Level 6
superspider, do you even CARE to read the rules? So long as you put a * over most of the swear, it's no problem. You right-out swore many times. Now then, this site is a site that lets people express their opinions, and it doesn't let people flame others for it. Arguing is ok, but you can't argue without putting out a point with it. Also, stop using caps, 'yelling' at us for expressing our opinion is also not ok.

Maybe read the rules.

Level 12
Computers and all electronically based animated screens do effect the mind, they kill brain cells like no other

But again there is no chemical injection, just the natural hormones our body produces are stimulated

It is a drug to no one, just some people depend on it more then others to get the edge

formula1's definition of the edge: A feeling of being The strongest and greatest, however this also comes with a state of limbo which gives you the motivation to stay on top instead of falling behind others

To those people that depend on it for naturally made hormones...
i may gots somethin' fo' ya
Drugs, and thats where the difference lies

Drugs alter your state of mind to put yourself on the edge

While computers gives you situations

Also to those mapmakers that want an idea, read this post

Level 13
if thats true superspider, you are the emodiment of complete and utter evil throughout the world
you once again have no argument and no evidence
dont be rude a**hole, we dont want you here.
go away

Level 12
And if you read the post after sophos, you'll realize there is no true answer
That our upbringings give us different defintions of drugs
And that no matter what our pride and differences could possibly keep us from agreeing

Level 13
exactly. you are not as right as often as you want to be sopho. i dont know if anyone else notices it, but i do. it all depends on what your definition of "drug" is. literal, it is anything that is addictive, especially relating to substances like what we normally call drugs. but then again, thats me, and i have my own opinions. i mean, even if im 14, i have seen and done so many things that some people cant even dream (more like have nightmares) about. or, as i love to do, i would say "I have... experience."

Level 12
And whenever we want to do something for 15 minutes on the computer you just get the feeling that you forgot something else and spend 3 hours figuring it out what it is. So saying the least computer is a drug if you let it become a drug.

Level 3
Why is it in this topic noone's ever bothered even uttering a good word to a computer.Everyone seems to be on an anti-computer spree

why?thats what i want to know.mangos

Level 5
Back to the topic, all in all computer isn't a drug in the classical meaning, but it is like a drug: addictive and hard to live without it once it addicted you.
I don't say i'm not addicted. I have been partly addicted almost from the begining. I first met with computers when i was around 5 years old (uh well that was 13 years ago - with a very difficult mathematical operation you can count how old i am :) ), and there were parts in my life so far where computer played by far the most important part, but if you can learn how to control this, then you will be able to live without computers.

Now computers are very important in my life, but not because i day and night just play with it. It is because i'm learning IT now.

Level 21
Actually, I'd never wanted to say this but...

I am addicted to computers. I keep thinking about playing my games and surfing the internet, chatting etc. I cant get it out of mind, even at high school. Like smoking, (not really) when my computer is away or I am not using it, I feel incomfortable and depressed, just like a smoker if he tried to give up smoking.
Computer influence you alot in many ways, from games to chat, you cant really resist it.

Level 12
Sopho try this
1) got to a random p;arty
2) pick a fight (the bigger the better)
3) either kick a$$ or get your a$$ kicked (its fun either way lol)

Then come back and tell us what happened, give us a punch to punch detailed look.

Its pretty fun,
after a while you understand that being in that much pain or inflicting it could be so fun!

I takes a big man to say he's addicted to computers (possibly bigger than me [no not as big lol])

Sopho, this is an addiction that you'l either grow out of, or can be significant for jobs such as engineering and the gaming/movie industry

Pyro- controlling addictions is like controlling a tiger, it gets hyped up with only a little excitement, and its hard to tame
So i say shoot the motherf***** lol

Second thought: your from england so i don't know the culture too well. In the US (specifically in jersey) you get respect either if you win or lose
Also your pretty young so its not that great of an idea

Level 3
I am addicted to computers.I've been on them since i was 3.And I have been playing them ever since.and i am 11 years old now so thats 9 yearsmangos

Status
Not open for further replies.