• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Completely random question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So, i am going to ask you off-topicers a random question, which hopefully will help me getting some inspiration. It may sound like a quiz question, here it is:

If you could transport a living human being (age: 18-25) from the northpole to the southpole, as fast as possible, without damaging the human in any way and being able to break/stop/land at the end, how would you do it.

Conditions:

1. The answer must be fairly realistic, but crazy ideas are also accepted, since they usually work good as inspiration. Otherwise you would just answer: Magical Teleportation ect.
  2. The human must not go underground. However, under water/over the skies is fine.
  3. Any vehicle is allowed. However, it must be something that is already created in the real world, in other words, the world you and i actually live in.
  4. No Magic
  5. The human must not die.

It would be great to see many answers. For those who really tries, i will give them +rep for helping me out. Thanks in advance.

:fp: :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wait till its summer in the north (who cares if he dies). Then use a smallish plane to fly him to the north of Scotland. Then place the bag (he died, sigh but meh) in a Bugatte Vayron and drive at a rediclious speed (yelling POWWWWer with funny camera angles and high tech sounds and batman music) all the way to south spain (using channel tunnel to cross to the main land). Once there, let him freeze in a fridge for 6 months while driving around randomly in various fast cars before loading him on a plane. Fly the plane to refule in South Africa, then fly over the south pole and parachute him (on fire ofcourse, as it would be boring otherwise) down to the pole and head over to Brazil. For the grand finalle, light the whole plane on fire so its a flaming fireball and you parachute out to safety (also on fire) and to a week in a 5 star hotel (with huge flames for decoration and finally drive away in your car made of fire). Who cares this took a whole year, but every minute of it was the most awesome.... IN THE WOORLD!

Ok I think I have been watching too much Top Gear....

Level 8
Added more conditions, just to clearify some important things.

Very funny answers, however, not very helpful (i lol'd for many seconds). Would be great if you could give a good answer, i do know that it is a difficult one.

@Mognakor: I think that you want something big to pull the human to the southpole. It is a nice idea, but not quite what i was looking for. Nice illustrations, +rep.
@Icedrake: No, no magic allowed.
@Dr Super Good: yeah that sounds a lot like a joke Jeremy would say.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Get a ship and sale to the north pole, send an expidition team to pick him up and then sale straight to the south pole. Finally send him off with an expidition team.

Not the fastest way but sure as hell is the easiest and allows recovery times for team and crew.

The fastest would be to do the exact same but sale straight for the nearest airport (alaska or cannada or some place) and send him by air all the way to southern chille (in south america). From there get another boat (one you prepared eariler) and sale quickly to the coast and send out an exibition team to the south pole. You could also send a plane to parachute him down but that can be very risky due to wind conditions and the cold (he might not survive there).

Level 14
With this
train1.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Damage the orbit of the Earth, ie. damaging its magnetic field, so that the North and South poles switch place, getting you instantly to one another. NOTE: Very dangerous for the Earth's environment.
Or just wait umpteen thousand years... The earth does this naturally from time to time at approximatly even intervals.
Ofcourse humanity has yet to experience it in its civilized form as we have only had the means to detects it in the last few hundred years.

Level 8
i think the most possible fastest way is to speedboat all the way to the northpole following the International dateline as a route. you wont encounter land this way. another one would be a jumbo jet from south to north, although im not sure if there would be a suitable take off lane and landing site on both poles:)

Level 8
@Neuclear Potato: Lmao. It isn't exactly the fastest way possible, but it sure would work (if there were enough rails to the southpole).

@GhostThruster: That seems like an extremely fast way! However, wont the human take atleast a little damage from being pulled by gravity like that? Or did i misunderstand what you ment completely (i tend to do that)?

@Dawn Whitelighter: I think speed boats are too slow, but its a nice idea.

@GIANT_CRAB: Excellent idea. I thought about jetplanes myself, but as already mentioned, your bro-tip won't work because of the sided rotation of Planet Earth. I actually planed on using a Jetplane, to be exact: MiG-25R Foxbat-B (Mach 3.2). But there is just one problem, how do you crashland the plane on the southpole. It has to be the fastest way, so slow landings are a no-go, if possible.

@Wazzz: Magnetic Teleportation? Sorry, i don't believe in magnets. Also, about the wormholes, how are you supposed to create one? If it is possible, an explaination would be awesome. Please keep in mind that the transported human must not take any form of damage or die.

@OhhEmmGee: I think it was one of the conditions, will check if i forgot. But no underground.

@Blindman: Just like Mognakors idea, i could just use some magical being to transport the human on a sleight. However, it isnt exactly what i looked for.

@darkdeathknight: What does Ekᴙanoplan mean? What is it?

Thanks for the answers you guys, i find it really awesome that you answer so quickly! +Rep to the lot of ya, i really got inspired by three posts!
Keep em coming, since i havent chosen what method i will be using yet. So far its going to be the Jet Plane (MiG-25R Foxbat-B), since they are sick fast. Do you know any faster method? Share it! :D

Level 17
Have a titanium-built catapult, place the human inside a plane and then onto the catapult, then fire it.

Ekranoplan is a vehicle which uses a pocket of air which makes lift on aeroplanes. The Ekranoplan is made with heavy weights of the tips of the wings so it doesn't fly, yet has the ability to "hover" across the ground. It can reach extremely high speeds, and the only downside is that is cant stop quickly and has to only travel smooth surfaces, but ice and water are smooth so it's no problem!

Level 30
1. Vacuum tube made out of magnetic shit, Like a few hundred meters long, 45 degrees up.
2. Get in some kind of thick metal orb.
3. Put a few nukes at the base of the tube.
4. Get out of the orb and get on a plane to the southpole.
5. Blow up the northpole so nobody can ask this question ever again.

Level 12
I actually planed on using a Jetplane, to be exact: MiG-25R Foxbat-B (Mach 3.2).

F22-Raptor have a higher thrust max speed and gains speed faster than MIG-25R foxbat.
Also, F22-Raptor have more flares than it, so when insurgent attack your jet or they wanna hi-jack it, u can use flares to avoid it.
Moreover it also have a higher handling.
I highly recommend F22-Raptor.
And also MIG-25R foxbat can't use machine guns, cus it doesn't have one, and its air to ground efficiency is really low.

-I think its the end of wut i can think of....

Level 12
The answer's pretty simple. The person is god.

lol j/k

But if you dump radiation in the north pole, he can mutate and just walk south in a few seconds.

Level 5
How many G's would this human mind pulling? Maybe some sort of scramjet that gets up to speed using a huge rocket and just glides to its destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.