• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Compatibility with Quenching Mod 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I've played first mission of the Prologue RRF with newest Quenching Mod 1.8.
Other than the framerate taking a ~30 FPS hit (which happens during melee with lots of troops on screen with QM1.8) and a massive hit during cutscenes (close ups are as low as 18 FPS), I've noticed these 2 weird square lighting patterns in the main camp (which may or may not be Blizzard's bugs) and I finished it smoothly, with no problems.

My Quenching Mod 1.8 settings are:
  • everything ON in General except Units (but didn't affect Prologue 1 when I finished with it ON), Normal Mode and Shadow/Light 3/3 works best for me;
  • everything OFF in Interface + Original.

I'll post progress on the other ones as I play them for whoever is interested in having these 2 mods work together.

Attachments

• RRF Prologue 1 + QM 1.8 Night Time 3-3.png
    RRF Prologue 1 + QM 1.8 Night Time 3-3.png
    18 MB · Views: 406
  • RRF Prologue 1 + QM 1.8 Day Time 4-4.png
    RRF Prologue 1 + QM 1.8 Day Time 4-4.png
    18.5 MB · Views: 413
Level 4
Finished RRF Prologue 2 with QM1.8 and it worked fine with no problems. Same ~30 FPS hit in gameplay. Not more. Not less. Same massive FPS drop off in cutscenes.

Noticed a visual glitch 2 times with some neutral huts after being destroyed (like the bandit ones from the east). When the remains disappear from existence, if the screen is moved back to that location, they then quickly flash back 2-3 times before being gone for good. Not sure if it's RRF or QM, since it's not lighting related.

Also, a small inconsistency regarding a red Team Color Shaman which appears out of nowhere during the cutscene where Grom is being recued. All Shamans rescued from cages (including final one) are from Grom's faction, color purple.

From my point of view, these are last touch fixes and not a priority.

Attachments

• RRF Prologue 2 Cutscene + QM1.8 S6-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 2 Cutscene + QM1.8 S6-L3.png
    19.9 MB · Views: 159
  • RRF Prologue 2 + QM1.8 S4-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 2 + QM1.8 S4-L3.png
    18.1 MB · Views: 164
Finished RRF Prologue 2 with QM1.8 and it worked fine with no problems. Same ~30 FPS hit in gameplay. Not more. Not less. Same massive FPS drop off in cutscenes.

Noticed a visual glitch 2 times with some neutral huts after being destroyed (like the bandit ones from the east). When the remains disappear from existence, if the screen is moved back to that location, they then quickly flash back 2-3 times before being gone for good. Not sure if it's RRF or QM, since it's not lighting related.

Also, a small inconsistency regarding a red Team Color Shaman which appears out of nowhere during the cutscene where Grom is being recued. All Shamans rescued from cages (including final one) are from Grom's faction, color purple.

From my point of view, these are last touch fixes and not a priority.

The tent problem is Quenching related.
The shaman is a stylistic choice to show also red units, even if not previously playable. That's just it.

Level 4
Have finished Prologue 3 and found no problems other than the somewhat constant ~30 FPS hit.
However the FPS improved in both the Prelude and rest of the cutscenes, running on average better with an increased minimum FPS to 25 and up to maximum gameplay FPS (though it hovered mostly around 50-60).

Have noticed another Quenching Mod 1.8 visual glitch at the big troll hut in the first village the Kul Tirans attack (where my mouse is in the SS). It's a shadow line almost as long as the hut and stretching to the camp fire which flickers 2 times (tried to catch on an SS but it's too fast).

I found the AI a little annoying to defeat on normal. It felt like my army didn't do enough damage and died faster than the Kul Tirans with lvl 1 upgrades while I had lvl 2, like a Melee handicap was on 70-80% (I didn't touch it). While I thought there might be a lore wise explanation for the toughness of the Kul Tirans, the AI kept spamming troops to the point I lost my army with catapults and had to do the same and spam it's base.
Maybe I'm just bad :D but since InsaneMonster said some people reported AI breaking with QM, thought I should also post this.

Attachments

• RRF Prologue Cutscene 3 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Prologue Cutscene 3 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    19.3 MB · Views: 70
  • RRF Prologue 3 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 3 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    18.8 MB · Views: 69
Level 4
I have finished RRF Prologue 4 (it was great) and it seems that Quenching might not be working, at least the lightning isn't, although the FPS hit is still there and almost double around massive light emitters like the volcano fires.

Attachments

• RRF Prologue 4 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 4 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    17.9 MB · Views: 51
Have finished Prologue 3 and found no problems other than the somewhat constant ~30 FPS hit.
However the FPS improved in both the Prelude and rest of the cutscenes, running on average better with an increased minimum FPS to 25 and up to maximum gameplay FPS (though it hovered mostly around 50-60).

Have noticed another Quenching Mod 1.8 visual glitch at the big troll hut in the first village the Kul Tirans attack (where my mouse is in the SS). It's a shadow line almost as long as the hut and stretching to the camp fire which flickers 2 times (tried to catch on an SS but it's too fast).

I found the AI a little annoying to defeat on normal. It felt like my army didn't do enough damage and died faster than the Kul Tirans with lvl 1 upgrades while I had lvl 2, like a Melee handicap was on 70-80% (I didn't touch it). While I thought there might be a lore wise explanation for the toughness of the Kul Tirans, the AI kept spamming troops to the point I lost my army with catapults and had to do the same and spam it's base.
Maybe I'm just bad :D but since InsaneMonster said some people reported AI breaking with QM, thought I should also post this.

No, the AI is beefy. I have reduced a bit this "beefiness" in the next update.

Level 4
Just played RRF Prologue 5 and I have to say that's one insane difficulty spike, you monster :D

No, really. It took me 3 tries to finish it. This level/map IS imbalanced and more closer to Insane than Normal difficulty because there's just too many things happening and with some confusion on top (which would be fun in other circumstances).

1) the movement of armies is hard to do in what feels a mostly constricted map (like the main base, Kul Tiras camp, troll villages);
2) resist for 25min mission would be fine on normal by itself;
3a) multiple fronts to defend, which given the number & intensity of waves + earthquakes, puts us in Hard difficulty;
3b) Hint clearly says that taking the Glyphs of Fortification reduces the damage of the earthquakes and after taking one, it's said they stack, not completely stop them. Here is where the confusion happens, as it's implied they are a constant and in one of my tries I rushed the main quest only and failed. This would be fun to find out if not combined with my other points;
4) multiple fronts to get to pretty outside of the already spread out defensive areas for the Optional Quest, puts us in Harder difficulty if we attempt it;
5) some of the non-neutral enemies feel beefy again, like I'm at 80% handicap.

The way I did it: rushed the Optional Quest for troops, then rushed the earthquake Glyphs (should have been added as a quest with either proper explanation or at least hinted at) and then tried to defend the 2 bases while losing the Health Fountain outpost. This of course involved a lot of micro, which I don't like, especially on normal.

It's not impossible just unnecessarily hard for normal, with a sudden difficulty spike compared to previous levels and a little frustrating because of the map layout making it hard to maneuver troops and the otherwise fun addition of the earthquakes.

On the plus side, since it's an extended map of RRF Prologue 3, Quenching seems to be working again with no problems other than the FPS hit. The cutscenes and the Epilogue (it was a great addition) ran smoothly, too.

Attachments

• RRF Prologue 5 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 5 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    18 MB · Views: 39
  • RRF Prologue 5 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Prologue 5 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    17.3 MB · Views: 39
Level 4
Played RRF Human 1 and it worked fine with the same ~30 FPS hit, while the massive FPS hit during cutscenes is back.

+30 seconds on the timer would be nice to be able to get all destroyables and discover the secret :peasant-tongue-out:

Attachments

• RRF Human 1 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Human 1 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    21.1 MB · Views: 54
  • RRF Human 1 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Human 1 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    18.5 MB · Views: 53
Level 4
RRF Human 2 went smoothly with Quenching in both gameplay and cutscenes (what a great mission). The ~30 FPS hit is a constant, apart from downward spikes.

Attachments

• RRF Human 2 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Human 2 Cutscene + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    16.5 MB · Views: 47
  • RRF Human 2 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    RRF Human 2 + QM1.8 S3-L3.png
    16.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
So I've played first mission of the Prologue RRF with newest Quenching Mod 1.8.
Other than the framerate taking a ~30 FPS hit (which happens during melee with lots of troops on screen with QM1.8) and a massive hit during cutscenes (close ups are as low as 18 FPS), I've noticed these 2 weird square lighting patterns in the main camp (which may or may not be Blizzard's bugs) and I finished it smoothly, with no problems.

My Quenching Mod 1.8 settings are:
  • everything ON in General except Units (but didn't affect Prologue 1 when I finished with it ON), Normal Mode and Shadow/Light 3/3 works best for me;
  • everything OFF in Interface + Original.

I'll post progress on the other ones as I play them for whoever is interested in having these 2 mods work together.
I'll make this fix, this lighting issue is for some computer can't read linear rotation

Level 4
Playing RRF Human 3 was great! For me it was the best one yet. The attention to detail, unique models, the adventure, the way the story slowly unfolds, the boss fight, the cutscenes, it all felt so immersive. My preferred one so far 😍

This mission was played with Quenching Mod 1.9 (Shadows 1 - Light 1) and all future posts will be using this version (until a better one comes out). It ran smoothly, same ~30 FPS drop in gameplay, same in prelude, while the other cutscenes ran with a bigger hit.

Had only one strange bug with the farm animals and dogs standing instead of lying down, dead. Exited the game, Turned QM1.9 Off, went back in game (had another strange bug with no trees in the area before the healing fountain) to see the animals dead, went back out and Turned QM1.9 On again and it fixed itself 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• RRF Human 2 Prelude + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 2 Prelude + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    18.9 MB · Views: 57
  • RRF Human 3 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 3 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    19.4 MB · Views: 59
  • RRF Human 3 Cutscene + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 3 Cutscene + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    20.1 MB · Views: 59
Level 4
RRF Human 4 ran smoothly with Quenching Mod 1.9 Shadows 6 - Light 6 in both gameplay and cutscenes, with a bigger FPS hit in the first map (15-30 FPS) on top of the usual ~30.

Attachments

• RRF Human 4 Cutscene + QM1.9 S6-L6.png
    RRF Human 4 Cutscene + QM1.9 S6-L6.png
    19 MB · Views: 38
  • RRF Human 4 + QM1.9 S6-L6.png
    RRF Human 4 + QM1.9 S6-L6.png
    16.5 MB · Views: 39
Level 4
Playing RRF Human 5 ran smoothly with QM 1.9 Shadows 1 - Light 1 in both gameplay and cutscenes with better FPS highs.
I've noticed a simple search light bug at the High Elven secret area and it looks like it's missing the lens texture it's supposed to come from.

It looks beautiful and is a little frustrating on Normal (like some of the other missions) until you figure out a proper order of doing things. Like the Optional Quest 1st before it reaches any village and then you can discover all of the map, while having to move back and forth to destroy the catapults going for the wood chipper base which a wall of towers can't handle (for the main base they mostly have to get around villager buildings and within tower range).
Also, having yet another survive mission for 25 min so close & so similar to the last one (same main base + a 2nd with gold/wood + multiple directions to defend against + time sensitive OQ), felt boring once I've figured out the order and I've taken my sweet time to play through the 10 missions available as of now, too.

Another mini complaint is that some of the maps are so tight (especially when killing neutral creeps) that I can barely move my troops without tripping them on each other and having to manually move them out of the way, resulting in time wasting micro. This wouldn't matter if it wasn't a time gated mission or more time was given.
From a gameplay direction, there shouldn't be so many time gated missions. It becomes frustrating until the only order of doing things is followed for success, thus denying player choice and boring since it's overuse becomes a gimmick.

Attachments

• RRF Human 5 Cutscene + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 5 Cutscene + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    14.9 MB · Views: 78
  • RRF Human 5 Cutscene 2 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 5 Cutscene 2 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    17.3 MB · Views: 51
  • RRF Human 5 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 5 + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    17.5 MB · Views: 58
  • RRF Human 5 Keep + QM1.9 S1-L1.png
    RRF Human 5 Keep + QM1.9 S1-L1.png