• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Compatibility illusion variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
  • Compatibility - Create the illusion of Sleep with that buff's Target model attached to (Triggering unit) on it's overhead
how to put that in a variable so i can change it back to normal for all units that use the spell

those are the drawbacks of the spell the unit shud be paused and look like sleeped for some time...

the remaining actions are done but i cant find the correct variable for that and when i'm about to remove the sleep illusion how shud i do it?

Level 4
For starters: I'll have to admit that it is slightly hard for me to understand what exactly you're looking for.

If you want the caster to fall asleep for a set duration I'd suggest creating a dummy unit and make it cast the Dreadlord's sleep spell on the caster.

Furthermore, what is this this "Compatibility - Create the illusion of Sleep" action you're speaking of? I don't recall ever seeing such a thing before.

Level 9
I am sorry but there is no such action category as "Compatibility". The trigger will not work as the action does not exist!
im using weu sorry i didnt mention that before...
and if i do it whit a dread lord dummy it will become vunereble and can be woken up before the effect of the spell woress off...

the idea is that the caster casts the spell than falls a sleep for some time and than wake up

• Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
  • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Sleep\SleepTarget.mdl
  • Set eff = (Last created special effect)
  • wait = 3 seconds
  • Special Effect - Destroy eff
ok 2 or 3 casters cast the same spell than the special effect stays on the first 2 how can i fix that?

for example see the pic the left unit just casted the spell and the trigger removed the special effect from it insted from the first one that was allready at sleep

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.