• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Commandos Tribute - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I know that maybe it is something difficult to achieve but I ask if any genius can help me. There are 3 mechanics that I would like to achieve and I don't know how.

Have you ever played Commandos: Behind the Enemies Lines? - I want to create a campaign emulating the game and so far everything has gone well but I want to achieve these 3 mechanics:

1- Being able to attack units from the back without them being discovered, as they will remember in the game you can take advantage of the ability of the green beret to stab an enemy in the back without being discovered, in warcraft the units practically have peripheral sight so no matter where a unit is attacked, it will immediately notice when it is close and I wish I could kill them from behind.

2- Run over units with a vehicle. Although there are vehicles in warcraft, I don't know how to kill a unit when colliding with it.

3- Change the game pointer when using the sniper skill, I want a peephole to appear like in the original game.

I know that maybe it is a lot but if at least one of these doubts can be resolved I would be very grateful.

I do not know if it can be done, so I ask the administrators not to get mad if I leave this here, but I leave the link of the Alphas of 2 missions that I have been working on so far.

Mision 2 - Voladura Silenciosa - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Mision 1 - Bautismo de Fuego - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
1) You would probably have to create a vision system from scratch, removing all of Warcraft 3's vision mechanics and creating your own. Not a simple thing to do.

2) Permanent immolation is the easiest way to kill nearby units around your vehicles. A more complex system could be made that detects when the vehicle is moving, detects if it's moving fast enough (an acceleration system), and adjusts collision (maybe with Windwalk for no unit collision) so the vehicle doesn't try to move around units and instead drives right through them.

3) Creating a custom cursor and/or use the new UI stuff available UI Utils v1.05

Status
Not open for further replies.