• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deprotecting a map problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can someone deprotect this map for me without damaging the map to be unable to play on it? I tried myself but I didn't succeed.
No maps are protected in the first place. You might need to use third party APIs to modify the various map data files though as I am guessing World Edit only data (eg GUI triggers) has been deleted.

I recommend asking the original author for a version of the map that supports World Edit. Making changes on such a version is easier as it is likely less obfuscated.

Level 11
Like, the terrain data?

You can get some of these types of things by just opening it in an mpq editor and extracting the files (I do this semi frequently when I want to check unit stats in a map I'm playing). Some things are dependent on other things though and not standalone, like for example getting doodads and preplaced units would obviously require all the map's object data too.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I need only the map which I could use to my project, If I could just get the map that would be satisfying.
The base terrain is contained in the following files inside the map MPQ archive...
war3map.shd, war3map.wpm and war3map.w3e
.shd -> the shadow map, optional file that can be deleted but if present must match the dimensions of the .w3e file.
.wpm -> the pathing map. World Edit usually regenerates this on map save from the .w3e and .doo files. Must be present and match map dimensions defined by .w3e.
.w3e -> the terrain mesh. Contains tileset, map origin cords, and all terrain node data.

.doo -> contains pre placed destructable, doodad, unit and item data. There should be 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.