• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Offense] Commanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Commanders
Created by: 13oot-Me

What is Commanders?
Difficult to describe. Waves of units are sent to fight each other from opposite sides of the map, and you as the Commander must aid the soldiers for victory.
Fighting.jpg

What's so special about Commanders?
Commanders is going for simplicity. While there may be some cool features, I felt most maps now take things too far with huge spells that deal 10 damage but fill your screen with eye candy. While thats all well and good it can get annoying. In Commanders special effects are used for almost everything but isn't overdone.
SFX.jpg

Is there a goal to the map?
Along with the overall idea of the map it's simple, kill everything. Each team starts with an amount of troops depending on how many people are playing and the troop counter depletes for each non-hero unit killed. Once the counter for a team reaches zero, that team loses.

Are there any special features?
A few, such as automatic item pickup, potion stacking, custom experience gains, custom item drops, player kill notifications, statistics board, along with a couple of custom spells. Heroes do not gain any stats from leveling up, instead they must pick up intelligence, agility, and strength gems from dropped units. Every game the map will look different, since trees, grasses, and rocks are all placed once the game begins.
Volley.jpg

Is there any sort of AI?
No, but if you want to play alone whenever you purchase a new unit the other team buys the same type of unit to even out the field.

Any tips to be good at this map?
Buy units! With every unit purchased from the shop that unit is added to a pool of units which will be spawned with the wave. You can actually tell who is contributing to this by looking to the side of the shops and the units in the pool with be colored according to who purchased them.
Units.jpg

What should I do if I have a suggestion/idea or I found a bug?
Im always looking for suggestions or ideas, you can post them in the comments section below and I will get back to you about it. Critique is always welcome as long as it's constructive! If you find a bug please PM me stating what you were doing when the bug occured.

Where can I get the map to test it out?
Right here! Commanders

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ah you uploaded it :D

If I got it right, this is kind of a tug of war but the focus is on a hero you control, that's a cool mixture.

So after troop count reaches zero, the team loses? Maybe add different speed modes, e.g. fast: 40% troop count and normal: 100% troop count.

Also suggestion: Make so you can easily select recruiter, e.g. make it a hero so you can access it via F-key, or make it a worker so you can access it via F8 key.

Also, are those temporary tree models? They look a bit unfitting in my opinion :/

But overall promising map you have there :p Sorry if I sounded harsh with my suggestions

Level 9
Ah you uploaded it :D

If I got it right, this is kind of a tug of war but the focus is on a hero you control, that's a cool mixture.

So after troop count reaches zero, the team loses? Maybe add different speed modes, e.g. fast: 40% troop count and normal: 100% troop count.

Also suggestion: Make so you can easily select recruiter, e.g. make it a hero so you can access it via F-key, or make it a worker so you can access it via F8 key.

Also, are those temporary tree models? They look a bit unfitting in my opinion :/

But overall promising map you have there :p Sorry if I sounded harsh with my suggestions

Such a jerk! No not harsh at all thanks for the input. Thats a cool idea, so maybe at the start there could be a vote over 20 seconds or so on your speed idea. Right now the troop counter equation is number of players x 1000.

Ill work on setting the shops at being easier to access and yes the tree models are temporary :) Having trouble finding one I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.