• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a problem when trying to make Hydralisks morph into Lurkers. I add the "Morph to Lurker" Ability to the Abilities+ menu, but when I go to add the ability to the command card, the ability does not show up. Command type is set to "Ability Command"

Here's a picture:

problemsy.jpg

Anyone know what's going on?

Level 2
Make sure that you've set up the morph to lurker ability correctly, including setting the default button for the execute/cancel commands as well as a target unit (or units) for the ability. The editor won't let you bind an ability command to a button if the data inside the parent ability is incomplete.

Level 2
I believe I have. I have it set up exactly as the morph corrupter to brood lord ability is (can't take credit for that, blizzard made the ability)

Level 5
I'm having a similar problem as well. I'm trying to get a Barracks train Factory units and be able to use the Medivac's Double Beam healing ability. However, neither the Factory (Train) or Medivac - Heal appears when I click to add in the ability. I didn't have this problem in the Beta, so I don't understand what's going on now.

Level 19
because Morph to Lurker is an actual abillity...\

Make sure Command Type is set to abillity, abillity is set to Morph to Lurker... and abillity command is Lurker

and mine shows up fine lol

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Read the FAQ.

It is caused by data being made or changed under some condition (do not know) resulting in the editor generating the object data correctly but the object is not cached internally so other parts of the editor do not know it exists. Restarting the editor will logically fix this because it rebuilds the data object cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.