• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Combat Opinion Poll

Which Combat System would you prefer to play? (assuming its done well)

• Other - Please Specify

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I like the default, thanks.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I like the kind from Dark Invasion 2, where you select a target and attack with an ability.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like to try one with a custom arrow key movement system as well, where an attack damages a locat

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'd like to try one with combos, kind of like from tekken.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been having a think about combat systems you can make in wc3. Most mappers choose to stick with the default one but I prefer the more fancy stuff. I thought id make an opinion poll to see what everyone thinks.

The context is a Wc3 RPG, and imagine that the system has been well made. Judge on what you imagine would be most fun, dont exclude some because you havnt played them in an RPG, give it a think :)

Thanks, and feel welcome to post with opinions.

Level 15
I voted for the classical hack-n-slash system, where you hit whatever is before you. I find it most exciting.

Level 8
Thanks for the feedback guys. If I were going to make the attacking in front of you one, I would probably make a kind of lock on. Assume its done well :p

I'd agree default isnt too bad, but it doesn't ask for any kind of involvement. If you have any others to suggest then go ahead! The diablo combat system occured to me as well, but it isn't really possible in wc3.

Level 6
Mix between mortal combat with DMC4 as well combining morph forms from something like super mario galaxy 2 for instance.

The default Wc3 combat system does not have much to offer unless your a object editor genius and love watching fights/RTS's otherwise as I said not much to offer if you enjoy more of a real battle for example SupCom maps made by N-a-z-g-u-l I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.