• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turnbased Combat RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Several friends and I are working towards making a true turn-based RPG for Warcraft III. Hopefully the gameplay and design will be similar to Final Fantasy categories, with a triggered combat menu allowing for the generic attack, item, spell, skill, limit (yes, limit break :D), wait, and run.

I am very unfamiliar with what maps have been tried and/or have been made successfully or failed, but I just wanted to give this idea out in case anyone is interested in helping with a particular area. We are aiming for the most inclusive, expansive RPG possible, pushing the map size limit to the max and, hopefully when are up and running, have a website available for the map to be downloaded from. If the map is successful, we could create a type of saga, with one map leading to the other.

Very importantly, this map is not single-player, but is not designed for regular battle.net. It is designed for four friends who want to play through a serious RPG on WarCraft III and have fun working together for on an RPG.

As I can think of it now, these are the basic areas we are working on:

Terrain (Terrain will be based on a 'world map' and a variety of separate zones)

Triggering (Nearly every spell is custom made and will fit into the turn-based combat system)

Music (Game music will be played for different areas, battle music, victory music, and different scenes)

Models/Skinning

Artwork (Drawing pretty much :p)

and lastly but not leastly, ideas !

thank you for reading :D

any questions please contact me:
AIM - echorev
email - [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.