• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat System Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, I'm making a campaign called Rakaeon: The Lost Age.(There is a forum called Blue's Campaign RPG offical "Developers Forum" check it out if you want.) And as we are going to begin triggering, I realize that the regular Warcraft III combat system can get really boring. Left click it, and it continues the attack. For archers and ranged combatantants, I'm going to have it so they have to aim to fire, using a custom modified version of shockwave. What should I do for melee combat? I thought about maybe altering bladestorm so that is ur attack, with quick cool down, but then ur swinging ur weapon 360 degrees, and many characters do not have the bladestorm animation. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
You could make different attack abilities, which also gives extra effects! Example : Use Stormbolt set range to melee and change the animation from spell, to attack so you can remove the normal attack from the unit and instead give them the ability...just a idea ^^

So maybe you could have different forms of attack, like an offensive style and a more defense-like attack which increase/decrease your armor for example...

Level 7
trigger dummy spells to slice in the direction that ur guy is facing, and trigger a block dummy spell to reduce damage taken if its done right as a blow is landing
how about that for a start, and its easy to do too, theres a bonus

Level 6
I think I'll have two systems for combatting: Advanced Combat System and regular system. Regular system will be a modified version of stormbolt reduced to a melee range, which means you have to target the enemy to attack. Advanced Combat System will be the dummy system, faving to face the way, miss system, backstab, and a counter attack system. Counter attack would be if you can attack while the other unit is starting its attack, then you get the bonus damage. If you are late though, and you've already recieved the damage, your counter attack will do nothing and you will be in a "stun" mode for about a sec. Miss system will be when you swing without facing the enemy. Backstab is when you attack an enemy from the rear, resulting in 2~3 times the normal damage. (Often will be used by rogues and assassins, especially since assasins will have a small blink like skill.) For the units with shield, such as human warrior and elven knight, you can activate your shield to block an attack, but the shield will deactivate quickly. (You cannot have a shield activated whole time.)
More Ideas are welcomed. Thx
-Blue

Level 6
What about having the combat system like a final fantasy game. I was just playing heroes RPG. We can pause all other units except the two in fight, then have a turn based fight. Tell me what you think of that.

Level 6
It is a good combat system to be a turn base, but I don't think the RPG im making is suitable for turn based battle system.
-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.