• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Collision, among other things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, Ive been working on this Action RPG for a while, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a way to make it so my party's heroes didn't have collision with each other, but did with monsters, walls, and everything

I'm not sure it's possible, but I was just curious if anyone had any ideas about it.

Level 15
No i don't this this is possible.You could do something different though.
How about removing collision of your unit, and then adding path blockers near your walls or where you want?

This should work making your heroes not collide with each other, but also unable to pass through walls.

*I haven't tested this.

Level 4
hmmm Im not sure about this.. I was thinking of something to do with Windwalk, that could be triggered on when the heroes are near each other, but that has the drawback of allowing you to move through enemies for a little bit too... unless I made all enemies buildings... but I don't think that would work out too well.

Level 8
Set the collision size of the heroes to 1 and increase the collision size of the monsters.

This way the heroes will behave as if they don't collide with each other, but will still collide with monsters at the same distance as before.

This doesn't actually remove the collision between heroes, but it should make it negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.