• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Collection of Map Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Since I'm currently working on a project, I'm refrained from working on another (i like to limit myself, i already have a second on hold which nobody knows about). These ideas have always been haunting me, so this is just a collection of map ideas for any map makers who are void of ideas. If any of these ever become real maps/campaigns, no credits are needed. Anyways, here they are

Campaign Ideas:
Rise of the Anihillian (could be a campaign on the history of the Anihillian race. Anihillian is the race the Pit Lord's are.)
Rise of the Nathezim (like the anihillian one, except with the nathrezim. The Nathrezim are the dreadlord's race)
Possibly a "future azeroth" campaign (with advanced technology, etc.)
Invasion of Draenor campaign
The Elemental Wars (a possible campaign version instead of a map)
War of the Ancients campaign
The War between the Trolls and the Aqir (the first war on Azeroth)
War of the Three Hammers campaign

Map Ideas
Scarlet Crusade RPG (with multiple events, including "phasing" of the map like they do in WoW)
Invasion of Draenor Strategy-Type Map
Some kind of Pirate RPG or something, with multiple boats and a boarding system and all that.
The Elemental Wars (the wars between ragnaros, therezane, al'akir, and neptulon constantly going on in the Elemental Plane. Possibly an RPG or strategy)
The War between the Trolls and the Aqir (map version, strategy)

more to come!

Last edited:
Level 3
wow cool map idea for the pirate one =D btw i got a idea to add
how bout like those acient china feudal war kind where theres like a king and some feudal lord who fight for control or can rebel against the king it would b cool =D
More Details into my idea:
So like i say there would be some kind of emperor that have a castle at the middle then the emperor income would be taken percentage from the feudal lords income ,so its like a tribute system,and the amount of city he own and the feudal lord income would be earn by the number of city they own. the emperor would start with very strong army Eg:tier 3 and feudal lords would start with tier 1 army so that the emperor can def himself and earn some income first.So the aim of the Feudal lord is to gain the throne or stay loyal to the king and defeat the rebelling feudal lords,eg of rebelling feudal lord is those that refuse to pay tribute and attack the emperor city, And the aim of the emperor is to defeat the rebelling feudal lords this would be like maps that u can earn city and stuff so the emperor could actually gain city too.the basic idea is like this map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/greece-v1-0-a-159967/?prev=r=20 except that u actually have a emperor so there would be like this middle city like the capital and if u gain the city u would become the emperor. So some of the command you can have is also like that greece map where u can tribute =D thats a idea i tought of it would be cool.
Ps:i dont know how to make maps so pardon if some idea is abit far fetched

Last edited:
Level 14
Great ideas. Too bad I only work on one project at once, and will be a bit hard for me to make one of them :)
Can we add our own ideas here? I have some ideas I'd like to see in a map.
A Nerubian Fantasy Life.. xD You live in Azjol'Nerub, controlled by Nerubian Queen/King, you may want to live as a normal Nerubian Worker and grow in ranks to reach Nerubian Captain/Chieftai(Chieftess), or slay the king to be one yourself, rebel against him, or start your own clan of nerubians to fight.. You decide.

Or a Goblin one (without so much tech, goblins aren't much techies :p) same thing, besides you live in islands, and you may control the center island to become the Goblin King.

Also, there's.. Capture The Flag strategy. It maybe will look like Risk, but could also be altered melee, where you NEED a Flag-Bearer to pick your flag and bring it back to your base - You then win a round. A total of (number) rounds difference to win.Would be good with two troll teams: Forest trolls and Ice Trolls. Or with humans: A team led by King SomeRandomName, and the other led by King IDontLikeThatOtherGuy. (Random Names Generator Generation 1)

And.. Traffic Trackers(MiniGame) : Every player controls some roads. Or a big city of many roads. There are cars that want to go to their destination (As in real life), and you must turn on/off the Red/Green lights to stop the cars/make them move. If there is too much traffic in one road, the player loses a life. If an accident happened, he loses two lives. The goal is to have the least traffic, and the least accidents. The more traffic is, the more points you lose. The more accidents happened, the more points you lose. (In the end, when winner is chosen, I think it should work with points)

Last edited:
Level 14
Hello again, comrades,
I got idea(s) :
Round 1: Key + Board = Keyboard! No wait, BoardKey..
Keyboard defence : You are a keyboard button (from all the alphabet and number buttons [ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123456789] ) and need to protect your keyboard with your allies and attack the other team's keyboard. You do that with a Hero and towers :
The heroes are the keyboard alphabets&numbers. The towers are special characters /*-+. etc..(Maybe the ultimate tower should be Shift [the mighty Shift = Chieft :p] )
The attributes used should be:
Agility as Speed
Strength as Dexterity
Intelligence won't be used (keyboard is not an intelligent object)
You gain attributes by getting clicks , clicks give speed but make the key more used, which means less dexterity
you gain strength by getting New Key, give dexterity but less speed
The goal is to fight with your hero against other heroes in the Desk where the keyboards are, and build towers around your keyboard cause if it destroys, you lose. This is NOT an AoS since it does not have a lot of lanes(one lane) and no creepspawns (for the DotA fans that say every map is DotA copy) although you can Insert creeps inside their base (keyboard) using the Insert button (building). To enter the main keyboard place, you need to destroy Enter (the gate) and you can use Space to throw it on creeps since its the biggest button. Space decides many matches :p
To win, you need to destroy the enemy Keyboard. Or get some number of kills.
------------------------------------------Round 2: Minigame time!
Ghost Fisher : (no , not a fisherman game :p) The goal of the game is to get Ghosts. To do that, you need to buy from the store :
A bait (could be ANY bait, from fish bait to Whisky, the better the bait is, the more ghosts will come to you, and they will have better quality)
A Ghost-Mechanical Trap (could be a box..)
A map of the place where you are (haunted castle, your home's garden [LOL], your ghost aunt's tomb, a 5 star hotel [LOL] )

Then, you head to where you want. Like, if it was a haunted castle, the kitchen will be the easiest part: Cook Ghost, Servant ghost, Ghostly Dinner

Well, the better the ghost you catch is, the more gold you gain. You can also get a pet from the store using w/e a piece of lumber (could be named Pet Essence, gained from rare ghosts) or some gold (a lot, since pets are for late-game)

So if I catch a Guard Ghost that has a rarity level of 10, I will get 100 gold. Yes, level x 10 = what you get.

If you reach a set limit of gold/lumber, you win, or if you kill a powerful ghost (haunted castle, could be Ghost King, your ghost aunt's tomb, could be Your Ghost Aunt)
The best for this should be with a condition-choosing system.
You choose to win if you kill the powerful ghost, (ghost boss) gain enough gold, or gain enough lumber.

Also, maybe if you get a World Map, you can change the place and go to Lord Ness lake, where you can get the best bait : Lord Ness Lake water.
Or to New York and get the best trap : Crazy Statue of Liberty (it attacks the ghosts that come near it or locks them inside it)
Or to Paris and go to the Eiffel Tower : Will let you jump very far (xP, kind of waygate) and let you take the Ghost Gate, which helps you teleport wherever you want.
That's just a suggestion of what areas to be..

Level 14
Hey again!
(COLOURFUL THREAD, SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE TOO MUCH COLOURS, BUT THAT WAS DONE TO REDUCE THE "Erf. Wall of text, nah thanks".)
Seems like this thread has too few ideas :p
So I come for more..
Annihilation Tag: Endless Action! This tag, Annihilation Tag, will have THREE teams : Annihilators, Survivors, and Devourer.
There will be 2 annihilators, one Devourer and the rest survivors.
Survivors: Survivors will find a good spot, and build a base. They get wood, from a Chamber of Souls they find in the woods. The chambers are mostly inside bases. Chambers give wood per 3 seconds for every player living, and depending on the gametime IF you control them (attack them once, you may not steal one from your allies. The Annihilator has to hit them 10 times or reduce the hp to 1/2). Now, let's say all survivors are alive, and the game time is 1 - 10 minutes. They will recieve like 100 wood. 11 - 20, 200 wood, and so on.. So basically they build a base around the Chamber of Souls they found, build a Barrier (wall), get a companion, farm/Hunt/Brew to get gold. They also need to build a house, or they will die because of a too small quantity of heat around them after a period of time. When the game reaches like 2-3 minutes, you should already have good towers to protect.
And then the Annihilator(s) attack..
Annihilator: After 20 seconds, the Annihilator spawns and starts looking for survivors. His most used resource is the gold, opposite to survivors. If he finds a chamber of souls, he controls it, and gains 5 wood per 10 seconds (massive wood amount is for endgame).The more dead survivors are, the more wood he gains. To gain gold, he needs to attack buildings. He recieves a percentage of the damage he deals.
So he buys items, that increase damage,health,regeneration,speed,armor,special recipe items that launch spells..etc.
Then he attacks if he finds someone.
A dead survivor means a Zombie Lord for the Devourer, not for annihilator. Well, the dead survivor chooses : Zombie Lord, Hydra Lord, Golem Lord, Abomination Lord. The dead survivor can upgrade to become : Mutated Zombie Lord, Ancient Hydra Lord, Flesh Golem Lord, Heartless Abomination Lord, then to Dread Zombie Lord, Hydra Water Queen, Souless Golem King, Horrific Abomination Lord. (Final evolution, or maybe make it more)
Then Devourer goes...
Devourer : The Devourer is a very powerful hero that appears later. Before appearing, he controls zombies/hydras/golems/abominations that spawn every : 10/15/20/25 seconds. He attacks BOTH the Survivors AND the Annihilators. He seeks to have all the chambers of souls. To do that, yes he needs to kill them both.
The Devourer spawns, as said before, later ingame. When he appears, everyone gets boosted with a buff "Ahh!Devou-" that gives higher attack speed. (Not for end game towers though)

----------
Races
----------

Survivors:
Well, here are the races.
Elf - Racial : Empowered Magic(gives higher damage to magic branch (magic towers) and higher health to magic branch (magic walls)
Human - Racial : War Machine (since humans always care for WAR only. [gives higher damage to War branch, and higher health to War branch (war towers, war walls) ] )
Goblin - Racial : Technologic People (higher ATTACK SPEED to all kind of towers. Higher health REGENERATION to Technologic Walls)
Naga - Racial : Waterborne (Nagas are born in water. Thus, they are THE ONLY ONES that can build water towers, that have a high attack speed, a bit lower damage than average, and a small splash)
Night Elf - (Erm yes, everyone runs from annihilators and devourers) Racial : Call of the Sentinel (When the wall(s) have less than half health, an invulnerable Sentinel tower spawns dealing damage to all nearby units and then exploding.)
Lava Spawns (W00T!) - Racial : LavaBorne (opposite of Waterborne. Can build fire towers that have high splash, low damage, high attack speed)
Annihilators:
Power Annihilator - Racial : Higher health, higher damage, less attack speed.
Lightning Annihilator - Racial : Higher Speed, Higher armor, less damage.
Mana Annihilator - Racial : Higher mana, higher mana regeneration, less armor.
Devourer:
Mana Devourer - Racial : Has spell : Mana devour. Has higher mana and mana regeneration.
Heart Devourer - Racial : Has spell : Reduce Damage. Has higher damager and attack speed.
Soul Devourer - Racial : Has spell : Steal Soul. (like Life Drain, works on buildings) Has higher health and health regeneration.

---------
Branches (Survivors)
---------
Branches are techtrees.

Magic Branch - Supports ELF builder -
Walls : First wall : Magical Pen -> Reinforced Magical Pen -> Magic Shield -> Mana Shield -> Arcane Wall -> Divine Arcane Wall -> Divine Shield -> Elven Fortification 1 -> Elven Fortification 2 -> Supreme Elven Fortification -> Elven Dark Side // Elven Light side (both have bonuses : Dark has a small thorns, light has a brilliance aura)
Towers : First Tower : Magical Stick -> Magical Staff -> Wizard's Tower -> Wizard's Manor -> Arcane Reinforced Tower -> Divine Tower -> Eternity Protector -> The Light Devourer -> Blood Elven Power Hall

War branch - Supports HUMAN builder -
Walls : War blockade -> Reinforced Wall blockade -> Burrow -> Spiky Burrow -> Great Wall -> Chila Wall -> War Wall -> Stratholme Wall -> Lordaeron Wall -> StormWar the great Wall -> Humanity's Burrow(has bonus : Unholy aura for buildings)
Towers : War Camp -> Heavy War Camp -> Artillery -> Catapult -> Mortar (Long Range) -> RifleMan Hideout -> IronForge Tower -> Zeus' Hall -> Terrific Lion Statue -> War Symbol
Technology Branch - Supports GOBLIN builder.
Walls (Has only walls) : Screwed up Creature -> Screwed Up Mechanical Creature -> Screwed Up Goblin Statue -> Creature -> Mechanical Creature -> Goblin Statue -> Failed Invention -> Failed Tinker Invention -> Invention -> Tinker's Invention -> A Real Wall Or Not -> A real Wall -> Technologic Wall that shoots beams -> Technologic Wall that shoots a lot of beams -> Awesome Wall. (Has self-buff : Awesomeness : The one who hits this gets slowed by a very small percentage)
YEAH, Goblinz are messed up. xD

Water Branch - Supports NAGA builder.
Walls : Diseased Water -> Clean Water -> Pool -> Heavy Pool -> Crazy Wave Pool -> Indian Ocean -> Atlantic Ocean -> Not Really Pacific Ocean -> Seven Seas -> Hydra's Lair -> Hydra Colony -> Naga Lair -> Vashj's Home -> Azshara's Statue -> Illidan's Throne (ILLIDAN <3 LOVE YA!)
Towers : Crazy Water -> Crazy Wave -> Crazy Pool -> Crazy Sea -> Very Pacific Ocean -> Pacific Ocean with a weapon (LOL!) -> Tidal Guardian -> Guardian of the Seas -> Murloc Killer -> Murloc Assassin -> Vashj -> Azshara -> Illidan The Supreme
(sry for too much Illidanness)

Night Elf - Ghooh, try continueing yourself, I'm out of ideas >.>
Walls : Sorry
Towers : Sorry

This is it. I would like to see this tag! Well , if any of you making ideas listed above, let me try it out :'D

Level 8
The only one I would love to see/make would be:

"The War between the Trolls and the Aqir (the first war on Azeroth)"

I love Trolls, but even more so, I love the Aqir.

If I had the resources for it, I would make it. =/

Level 14
I like you too,I add you too :) P.S takakenji Get your brain ON, and give more ideas, or I'll zap your head.

Level 7
Last edited:
Level 14
@arphax : No, I wouldn't do that. Enough AoSes already.Cyberduel is right.
--------------
Lamp Wars :
A small game of 4 to 6 players. The goal of the game is to get the lamps on to your color. Player one's red, two's blue, three's teal, four's purple, and so on.
It will be some kind of pacman without ghosts.
If there are like 40 lamps, you need 21 lamps to win.

Level 7
@arphax : No, I wouldn't do that. Enough AoSes already.Cyberduel is right.
--------------
Lamp Wars :
A small game of 4 to 6 players. The goal of the game is to get the lamps on to your color. Player one's red, two's blue, three's teal, four's purple, and so on.
It will be some kind of pacman without ghosts.
If there are like 40 lamps, you need 21 lamps to win.

ok how about rpg were it follows kenji's journey and grayback?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Lol, hardly ANYONES played battle realms, the Wikipedia page doesn't even exist...that...signifies...ALOT

Level 7
Lol, hardly ANYONES played battle realms, the Wikipedia page doesn't even exist...that...signifies...ALOT

yes today it is hardly played because it is classic but from back days when it is new it is more godly than wc3 due to no update anymore of the game it dies..but that game was the best strategic game it is in its time and the story campaign itself is pure awesome but now forgotten...it is great if it could be revive in wc3..:cry:

cyberduel:typo mistakes lol battle realms http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Realms
battle realms winter of the wolf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Realms:_Winter_of_the_Wolf

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I Understand how it's not played...the graphics are horrible

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Emo? how am i emo?

The latest was released in 2001...how is that as old as Wc1 and 2?

Plus, if EA saw Value in the game, they would have continued...thank god they didn't, or we might not have had REAL strategy games like C&C

Lol, I would like to make a battle realms map but there are many things that bugs me.
  • I know you will first think about the water, yes, you're right. It's not a big problem at all, I could make a peasant harvest water and rice like lumber :p. Water to put out fire? I can do it. What bugs me is that the selection. It would be dumb if you will right click on water and saw a yellow selection blink right?
  • Well, there are no sufficient information for the units/structures health, stamina, armor, and damage.
  • Models, seriously, I can't do all of them :/

After reading this, I'm sure you will say one of this:

• Q: How about the Training System?
    • A: I have one >:D
  • Q: Yin/Yang?
    • A: If you have saw my latest melee map, Warcraft 2: Aftermath, it contains a 3rd resource system.
  • Q: Campaign?
    • A: STFU.
  • Q: Will you make it?
    • A: Isn't it obvious? But those things I listed really bugs me.

:)

Level 7
Lol, I would like to make a battle realms map but there are many things that bugs me.
  • I know you will first think about the water, yes, you're right. It's not a big problem at all, I could make a peasant harvest water and rice like lumber :p. Water to put out fire? I can do it. What bugs me is that the selection. It would be dumb if you will right click on water and saw a yellow selection blink right?
  • Well, there are no sufficient information for the units/structures health, stamina, armor, and damage.
  • Models, seriously, I can't do all of them :/

After reading this, I'm sure you will say one of this:

• Q: How about the Training System?
    • A: I have one >:D
  • Q: Yin/Yang?
    • A: If you have saw my latest melee map, Warcraft 2: Aftermath, it contains a 3rd resource system.
  • Q: Campaign?
    • A: STFU.
  • Q: Will you make it?
    • A: Isn't it obvious? But those things I listed really bugs me.

:)

dude it is better if you make it aos thats gonna be awesome..:xxd::xxd:

Level 7
Yeah. Only AoS freaks ask for more and more AoS'es.

its you map makerz dont like aos because you suck at playing it thats we gamerz that the best game to play it has a +great fun and strategy killing heroes not just boring killing creeps and level ups that a very boring game to do thats why your maps being not hosted permanently at battle net or garena because - fun whats the use of maps with epic terrain while fun is so boring :slp: hope you not misunderstood me thats my opinion im a pure gamer and you map makerz dont understand us..dont think to dota when hearing aos and just people dont play melee maps most now aos is the most popular game type now a days..:cool: and people pls dont say battle realms suck because battle realms is the best rts in olden ti,e even if its graphics sucks compare to rts games today..sorry for this hope you understand...dont misslead when hearing aos not unique lol its a type of game not dota..

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Actually, the maker of the game finds his own games boring because he knows about absolutely EVERYTHING so it's kinda dull...that's why they usually suck at them

Level 14
its you map makerz dont like aos because you suck at playing it thats we gamerz that the best game to play it has a +great fun and strategy killing heroes not just boring killing creeps and level ups that a very boring game to do thats why your maps being not hosted permanently at battle net or garena because - fun whats the use of maps with epic terrain while fun is so boring :slp: hope you not misunderstood me thats my opinion im a pure gamer and you map makerz dont understand us..dont think to dota when hearing aos and just people dont play melee maps most now aos is the most popular game type now a days..:cool: and people pls dont say battle realms suck because battle realms is the best rts in olden ti,e even if its graphics sucks compare to rts games today..sorry for this hope you understand...dont misslead when hearing aos not unique lol its a type of game not dota..

Okay. First one :
AoS'es are fun? You don't just kill creeps and level up?
Objective of an AoS(found in a website) :
-Kill creeps to level up, and farm gold.
-Try to become powerful by doing the first step.
-Then, try killing the enemy heroes when you get powerful items.
-But do not die! If you die, the enemy will get a lot of gold.
-Kill enemy heroes to get even more gold, and get best items.
-Then assault the base and destroy the enemy town center!
I guess it's fun. Also you don't kill creeps and level up. Not at all.

Okay? Second one :
While fun is so boring. Strange sentence. Fun can't be boring. A map can be boring or can be fun.

Hmm, third one :
Now you're right. Battle realms was the best RTS long ago. Freakin' Good.
But since you say it's an RTS, how can it become an AoS ?

Fourth :
Why not? DotA is an AoS anyways. And all AoS maps are mostly DotA clones.

...Fifth one (pissed off) :
As far as I know, "AoS" was originally a map in Starcraft. DotA was based on its idea and AoSes, that have its name, are based on its idea, too.

Level 7
Actually, the maker of the game finds his own games boring because he knows about absolutely EVERYTHING so it's kinda dull...that's why they usually suck at them

well it true but you see it is great when your a mapmaker and your map are being hosted and popular it great and its worth making the map the hard work well is answered...:smile: you see many maps here in hives that are great of quality well designed and with good terrain but lacks fun play its out of that not hosted as well its not worth it..

Status
Not open for further replies.