• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

CoD: World at War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well, I have been slowly becomign addicted to CoD 5 ever since I first got it this Christmas. After seeing several WW2-related zombie models, I thought to myself "That would be perfect for a Warcraft 3 version of Nazi Zombies!". So, I have decided to scrap some other projects that lacked inspiration, in favor of a more current and fresh idea. Thus, I have come to the conclusion that I shall create several CoD maps and campaigns. The first game to be recreated shall be CoD: WaW, and the first thign to do is to get together a dedicated team to help me create this ambitious project. Perhaps, if i can garner enough support, and if we can find a relatively well-educated modder, we could, though difficult and painstakingly, create a full War 3 mod of CoD 5. However, first to be done shall be creating the Factions. In War 3 they are called Races, but, since humanity is the only race in existence in reality (as far as we know... >.> <.<), there shall be 4 Factions that will need creating: the Marine Raiders (the American forces), the Wehrmact (Nazi forces), the Red Army (Russian army), and the Imperial Army (Japanese army). Here are the positions within this project:

Director: Joss

Lead Triggerer:

Triggerer:

Artist:

Lead Modeler:

Modeler:

Lead Skinner:

Skinner:

Lead Terrainer:

Terrainer:

Writer:

Spokesman:

Now, to clarify a bit more:

Perhpas I should clarify: Like Diablo 3 Warcraft 3, this game (or perhaps, mod) will in essence be CoD WaW, but retain its Warcraft 3 roots, meanign it is still an RTS format, but in and FPS world. Think of it this way (oh boy, analogies!):

CoD: WaW is a body. Within, there are gameplay elements, constants, variables, characters, plots, and the general game. However, without a soul to give life to this body, it is useless. Using the wrong soul to inhabit this body results in epic failure. Attempting to use the soul of WaW is complete foley.Usign the soul of Warcraft 3; however, results in an amazing working body, capable of performign extraordinary things.

And to clarify even more, I shall add a list of the key gameplay elements, the current list of zombie types, and soon I shall attach a small example terrain map.

Last edited:
Level 7
Natzi zombies is kickass.
you will never be able to recreate the WaW expirence in the wc3 engine simply becouse its not built to be an FPS.

you can however create an RTS game, and if you'll do it it will be cool.
and may i remined you that CoD did not invented WW2 and you can just make an WW2 warcraft XD

Level 8
Actually, you can create and FPS out of WC3, and I've seen it done quite succesively, such as several Halo maps (and no, I dont mean the ones on this site).

And I do think I can create the WaW experience within WC3, just look at other maps and games based upon other games, such as the amazing Diablo 3 Warcraft 3 map. I just need a dedicated team to help me realize this.

Level 7
sure you can make an FPS in wc3. but agree with me that it just sucks and is not even close to the real thing.
and its really useless to just copy that game with the diffrence that it just sucks badly XD

Level 8
Perhpas I should clarify: Like Diablo 3 Warcraft 3, this game (or perhaps, mod) will in essence be CoD WaW, but retain its Warcraft 3 roots, meanign it is still an RTS format, but in and FPS world. Think of it this way (oh boy, analogies!):

CoD: WaW is a body. Within, there are gameplay elements, constants, variables, characters, plots, and the general game. However, without a soul to give life to this body, it is useless. Using the wrong soul to inhabit this body results in epic failure. Attempting to use the soul of WaW is complete foley.Usign the soul of Warcraft 3; however, results in an amazing working body, capable of performign extraordinary things.

Level 8
Wow. Thansk for your constrcutive criticizm. I'm sure you're comments will help me create this vision of mine. Now, once you understand the basic concept of poetry and the arts, coem back, and then we'll discuss such matters. 'Till then, I'll just sit here and wait for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.