• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cleave Type Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
You make an ability that does nothing and name it to CleaveDummy for an example.

Then you make a trigger like this:

Events
- When unit begins effect of Ability

Conditions
- If Ability being cast is CleaveDummy

Actions
- Add Cleave to triggering unit
- Wait X seconds
- Remove Cleave from triggering unit

Or if you want it to act like on/off ability you can base the dummy ability to Defend (footman). Then you make a trigger that checks issued order. If issued order is defend, then add cleave. If issued order it undefend, then remove cleave.

Level 1
As it was easier for me to just 'make' the ability itself instead of explaining (and it might help you understand how to do it faster ;) ), I made a stand alone map with the ability in it.

All the data that you need has a prefix [CLEAVE], if you search for it, you'll find everything.

Just a small explanation how it actually works:

[1] The ability you use adds a behavior to the caster which will be used to check whether the attack has to cleave or not.

[2] When attacking, the Weapon of the Zergling (our testing unit!) first fires a Switch. This Switch will, with the use of a Validator, check whether the unit has the behavior or not.

[3] If it doesn't have the behavior, the Switch statement will refer to it's Default case: a no-splash damage effect.
If it does have the behavior, it will choose for a splash damage effect.

Everything should be in the map, and I hope I made myself clear. :3 If not, feel free to ask. :p

Attachments

• CleaveAbility.SC2Map
    18.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.