• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class build diversity in WoD compared to Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there more or less class build diversity in Legion compare to WoD? if yes, then through what means.

EDIT: could a moderator correct the word compare in the title please? :)

Last edited:
Level 1
By Artifact talents you mean the Artifact Weapons?
I read that you can eventually max ALL the upgrades on your artifact weapon. Is this true? I mean, if you can max ALL upgrades on your weapon then there isnt build diversity through it since everyone can have everything eventually.

Can you please give me more info about the Relics? how they function etc.

(To explain you all why i ask these questions is because i look for a good MMO that will provide a decent amount of class build diversity, i dont care for the balance that much).

I think most people are going along the same artifact paths (i.e. they are choosing traits in a particular order according to a guide), so not too much diversity there IMO apart from relic choices. For example, if you're fire, then pyretic incantation is a must-have and you'll want to get it as soon as possible. Other classes have similar "must-haves" that are just insane dps boosts.

However, in regular talents (for PvE), I feel like there is a lot more diversity than in WoD. A lot of the rows have at least two "good" ones, and you can choose one depending on your style/AoE vs. single target. There are still occasional rows with "must-haves", but they've done a better job of presenting some cool choices.

In PvP, there is definitely a lot of build diversity (since you have artifacts + talents + honor talents). You'll probably find yourself switching talents around a lot, at least for arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.