• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City Pool Decoration

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
use stand alternate for without the water
Previews
Contents

City Pool Decoration (Model)

City pool decoration variation 2 (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
This model looks very unfinished and crude. The 'water' looms like a solid plane, the shape of the pool is quite boring, the wrap is very repetitive and the shading is kinda off. I would recommend you to make the water translucent and animate it it...
This model looks very unfinished and crude.
The 'water' looms like a solid plane, the shape of the pool is quite boring, the wrap is very repetitive and the shading is kinda off.
I would recommend you to make the water translucent and animate it it some shape or work.
what's your problem with shapes? all of a sudden you dont like the shapes. This shape is symmetrical. "the wrap is very repetitive" that's what I came up with, many shapes in real world are with repetitive patterns. I dont know what kind of fancy things you imagine and require but it seems to be aiming too high unnecessarily.
The shading where? the whole object, parts of it ?

the water's i'll see to animate it.

what's your problem with shapes? all of a sudden you dont like the shapes. This shape is symmetrical. "the wrap is very repetitive" that's what I came up with, many shapes in real world are with repetitive patterns. I dont know what kind of fancy things you imagine and require but it seems to be aiming too high unnecessarily.
The shading where? the whole object, parts of it ?

the water's i'll see to animate it.
Look at your own screenshot you provided. It does look very bad compared to the regular in-game model and the whole aestethic of the model is just not fitting.
You are trying to add more decoration objects to the game, but you fail to see how to fit them in.

Last edited:
Look at your own screenshot you provided. It does look very bad compared to the regular in-game model and the whole aestethic of the model is just not fitting.
You are trying to add more decoration objects to the game, but you fail to see how to fir them in.
so you want it to look like the fountain? the top of the bed is blurry and the shape has less corners?

so you want it to look like the fountain? the top of the bed is blurry and the shape has less corners?
I want you to put in much more effort and try to make look like similar to the style, shapes, geometry, wrapping and shading to the in-game models.

You are being overly aggressive here and trying to do less work. If you want proper ratings then you have to work hard, but the last models of your have shown me a regression of how you work on things, how you treat reviews and moderations, your conduct with me and other mods and admins and your willingness to improve on your work. Sorry, stan, this is on you and crying about it every time will not make a change. This is the last time I tell you that. Further interruptions and aggresiveness will be dealt with.

I want you to put in much more effort and try to make look like similar to the style, shapes, geometry, wrapping and shading to the in-game models.

You are being overly aggressive here and trying to do less work. If you want proper ratings then you have to work hard, but the last models of your have shown me a regression of how you work on things, how you treat reviews and moderations, your conduct with me and other mods and admins and your willingness to improve on your work. Sorry, stan, this is on you and crying about it every time will not make a change. This is the last time I tell you that. Further interruptions and aggresiveness will be dealt with.
Crying? I am frustrated that some of your moderations are not constructive enough.
I never said that I'm unwilling to improve my models.

Crying? I am frustrated that some of your moderations are not constructive enough.
Moderators and reviewers are supposed to guide you in a way and I think I gave you plenty of guidance. We are not supposed to baby-bird feed you with everything. If you are not ready to think on your own, see how things should look like in-game and compare them and put in the work yourself then you are at the loss here.

I never said that I'm unwilling to improve my models.
Yeah, but you never bother to update and improve most of them. You either take the approach of trying to weasel around it by talking so much non-sense or not doing anything substantial at all. This makes me sad.

Last edited: