• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Citizen House

Upgradeable (3-tiered) medieval building intended as houses for the middle citizen class like craftsmen, tradesmen, etc.
Has phased building animations which show the stepwise construction of support beams, floors, walls and roof.

The model only uses ingame textures (for low filesize) and has a portrait camera, team colour, attachment points (Overhead Ref, Origin Ref and the five Sprite Refs), a death sound and the standard animations (Stand/Birth/Death/Decay).

Updates:
-Added death sound
-Fixed attachment points and changed the fire points (Sprite Refs)
-Darkened geosets in death and decay animations
-Added missing team colour to the roof

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modify it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
village, house, home, flat, building, structure, town, city, medival, age, upgradeable
Contents

Citizen House (Model)

Reviews
14:04, 30th Jan 2016 Misha: well.. the last tier doesn't have the rallypoint flag move to the top of the roof and stay there, the attachment points for burning are not on the outside, and there's no death sound. Second tier is fine with attachment...

M

14:04, 30th Jan 2016
Misha: well.. the last tier doesn't have the rallypoint flag move to the top of the roof and stay there, the attachment points for burning are not on the outside, and there's no death sound. Second tier is fine with attachment points, but has no death sound, and First tier is the same.
on fire attachment points, maybe they don't need to all be on the roof, would be good to make it look more like the whole building is on fire, in each of the tiers. and it would be neat to hear a sound whenever something breaks in the death anims for each tier.

nicely done, the house is approved

Level 1
Again, great model.
But again some criticism. :grin: The roof gable doesent fit the rest of the house too well. Everything is half-timbered or planks and the gable is kind of.. crude? Not sure how to describe it. But I guess you get what I mean.

Again, great model.
But again some criticism. :grin: The roof gable doesent fit the rest of the house too well. Everything is half-timbered or planks and the gable is kind of.. crude? Not sure how to describe it. But I guess you get what I mean.

The roof is supposed to be crude wood shingles common in medieval times as far as I know. So it's supposed to be better than just straw of the lower class building but still cheaper than fine clay or stone tiles used for the (planned but never made) third upper class building.