• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Citadel Arena (new race)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ok! So this map contains a new race: Void

New things in this map:
1. The new race of course.
2. The workers (Spawns) can't repair buildings. All the void buildings can regen hp and are very strong so if you keep them safe then they won't be destroyed.
3. Heroes, each with, modified abilities to look like some void things.
4. The units in this race are a little stronger than normal ones but they train harder so the Void race will have a hard start but later it can have the strongest army of all races.

I've updated it:

Changes:
1. Heroes are weaker. It's still simple for them to kill a normal hero in 1 vs 1 but now they won't be able to destroy an entire base.
2. I made some new buildings. (p.s. The upgrade building (Power Source) is there to but it doesn't have any upgrades. I promise that in the next version the race is going to have upgrades.)

Version 1.0 (no more beta =P)

1. Made the max food limit 300.
2. Some units (from the new race of course) have bigger food cost(so you won't be able to make an army of strong units).
3. The upgrade building has upgrades now. The upgrades have only 2 levels but they do make the units a bit stronger.
4. The strongest units of the Void( Nether Dragon and Infernal Juggernaut) are harder to get.You'll see.

Version 1.1

1. Made the Heroes abilities a little weaker (they are still strong their abilities but cost more mana and have a longer cooldown).
2. Placed 4 Gold Mines in the center of the map (with max gold) so you'll have a reason to race there.
3. The Void Lord has a new ability (Summon Void Gods).
4. The Void buildings can't be built everywhere anymore.
5. This time it's protected. I really don't know why because I don't really care if you change it as you like but it's better if it's protected.

Version 1.15

1. Human race is no longer available. When you choose the Human race you will start as the Void.
2. Slight changes (on the new race of course).

Version 1.2

1. Fixed a bug where where Infernal Juggernaut has one ability but he doesn't have any mana.
2. Fixed some pathing. (you can't build buildings nearly one in each other)
3. Changed the attack types to some units.
4. Changed some icons.

Version 1.3

1. Made the heroes a little weaker (again) but they are still stronger than a normal hero.
2. Changed the 4th ability of the Void Lord from Black Hole to Nether Mist.
3. The boss, well, the big guy in the middle of the map drops a new item, and it's a pretty strong one.
4. Other little changes.

Version 1.4

1. Remember the Boss in the middle? He's at least 3 times stronger now, but the reward is worth it. Believe me!
2. Some little changes to the abilities of the Void Heroes.
3. Fixed a little problem with the Summon Void Gods ability where one of the Gods has only 290 Hp lol.

Version 1.5

1. Most modifications were made on the terrain (8 dranei villages, 4 ruined, 4 still standing).
2. Added 8 gold mines. They are in the dranei villages and the villages were meant just to stop you from building a base there.
3. A interesting building has been added for the Void Race. I think this is the first map with a building that could be used in this way.
4. And i think i did some other minor changes to from the previous version to.
5. The bug where you could build an army of heroes is gone. Well it was gone long ago but i forgot to mention it earlier.

Please tell me what should i change in order to make this race better... I really would appreciate if some of your comments have some hints on how this race could become really cool. Any ideas are welcome. (the new version changes are above so look there to find them)

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to do that trick i keep seeing at description of some maps. You know, where you click a word that's under a line and a whole bunch of text appears.

Have fun.

Keywords:
warcraft abyss shadow dark void frozen altered melee race new magic spawn minion
hero assassin pit lord machine factory altar king nether shade God f
Contents

Citadel Arena (new race) (Map)

Reviews
21:43, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
Ok...........the limit heroes to 1 per Hero-type is there but it still doesn't work. Then i tried to make another one so there would be two....no success. I even tried to make another category just with that action......nothing. It's really annoying for me to but im out of ideas :cry:

Level 4
Heroes of this race are cheap beyond belief. No need for armies or fully upgraded units. Just one Pit Lord and you practically cannot lose. You can then just unleash that Meteor Shower attack on everything and bam! You win.
Other than that, its a good race.
3/5

Ok...........the limit heroes to 1 per Hero-type is there but it still doesn't work. Then i tried to make another one so there would be two....no success. I even tried to make another category just with that action......nothing. It's really annoying for me to but im out of ideas :cry:

U remembered to add the event too?

Level 3
The outlay of the map is good but in the middle is so empty i mean there is no gold mine or trees where there would be cool to build a base and the race is boring i was like 3000 in base health 0.o and then its just boring i say 2/5 get cool stuff like balance its a tip.

Level 8
Most imbalanced map I played this week.
The terrain is not rly well, the idea of the map is to simple, the triggers are - well there arent any, and the new race is crap - its not a real new race its just bullshit - sorry for flaming,but rly.
You can build this energy source thing on the same spot over and over again...
A lot of bugs, crappy terrain, bad work on the whole map.
You get only 1/5

Level 3
It is really imbalanced. And I don't find it enjoyable, at all. That is my personal opinion only, though.

Level 3
I'll try to sum some things up.
First, you don't choose it as a race, you just get a spawn unit, so basically any race can use it. The buildings pathing is usually too small, so you can build them inside each other. Their look is also not too special, or good. Also, the heroes are just too powerful. One of the buildings have a missing icon (green), and the other one is the autocast-orb icon of the destroyer, which is not good for a building icon. Other icons have problems too, like not having borders. Etc. The towers are too powerful. The hero skills are not too well done, also miss some icons. And every new unit has a chaos attack, which makes them own everything in themselves. It all just makes the other normal races useless. And the units don't really have a variety neither, around 90% of them are void walkers.

Level 3
1. You don't choose it as a race? What version do you have? Now you can use it only if you choose the Human race.
2. Your right about the building pathing. The next version will have what you wanted.
3. It's pretty hard to find models and icons that would look like some Void things. I don't like it to so be sure I'll gladly change them as soon as I find some cool looking models.
4. The stronger units won't lose their chaos attack, but the weaker units will have a normal attack soon enough.

Level 11
Level 9
Is this first time u use editor? It easy to use the trigger.
Go to trigger window and
  • Map initialization
    • Actions
  • Melee - Limit a hero per type.
:thumbs_up: Please give rep if it work :p

It doesn't work because "Melee - Limit a hero per type" is the selected type have the limit per hero so do this

Trigger a trigger to do:
When a player have selected a hero and create the condition about which player selected a hero so destroy their tavern/avatar and disable the building from the build list if the workers have it.

P.S. If you can't do it so ask a trigger which can do it to you.

Level 11
It doesn't work because "Melee - Limit a hero per type" is the selected type have the limit per hero so do this

Trigger a trigger to do:
When a player have selected a hero and create the condition about which player selected a hero so destroy their tavern/avatar and disable the building from the build list if the workers have it.

P.S. If you can't do it so ask a trigger which can do it to you.

thanks for help...

Level 5
How about this?

Too lazy to write trigger tags:

---------------

Starting to train a hero:

If (main building level) = 1
If (ammount of heroes for player) = 0

Allow trainig.

-----

Starting to train the hero

If Main Building level = 2
If ammount of heroes for player = 2

Stop trainig.

------

Got it? Just 2 Real variables per player XP

Level 4
why dont you use the void model in this pack instead of the pitlord?
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=91239
and you need a better unit as a builder

but the map was very fun and entertaining to have an uncommon race then the nagas or bloodelfes my rating will be 9.5/10 + the guy in the middle is a challenge and if u get his items FTW!!!! too u pm me and i'll send you a model that you might wanna knews as builder for the void race (it has acolyte animations)

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.