• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chrystal Sword by chilla_killa

This my new atachment model, I've made for a request by N.O. .

It uses only ingame textures, has one little glowing effect and 2 particle emitters.
I based this model on this picture:
soulcalibur4.jpg

I also made a little testmap:
Test-Map

I made it in Milkshape 3D from scratch and used Magos for the particle emitters.

Many thanks to RaoDaoZao, who told me how to make a glow effect.
Thanks to debode, who showed me the texture for this little sphere in the middle.
Thanks to shamanyouranus, who helped me once with particle emitters.

Enjoy it! And please give me credits, if you use it in your map/campaign.
If you want to edit it, please PM me first!

Greets chilla_killa

Keywords:
northrend, icecrown, ice, snow, sword, attachment, warcraft, axe, halo, lich king, arthas, lol, nice, rpg, chilla_killa, wow
Contents

Chrystal Sword by chilla_killa (Model)

Reviews
15:38, 20th Oct 2009 General Frank: You might might want to move the Blue particle effect away from the billboarded bone. I just look strange somehow. Beautiful model, just fix those glitch. 15:50, 20th Oct 2009 General Frank: Okay the...

M

15:38, 20th Oct 2009
General Frank:

You might might want to move the Blue particle effect away from the billboarded bone. I just look strange somehow. Beautiful model, just fix those glitch.

15:50, 20th Oct 2009
General Frank:

Okay the glitch was fixed and the model seems very useful.
Rating: 4

Level 20
Wow very nicely done. It reminded me of the SC4 Soul Caliber sword that 誓约 did. Very similiar except for his was done with a screenshot kinda texture and was way more in file size because of it. That and it was about 1k polies where yours is 300.

Here's his:

200810240fc4698c1e648a0.jpg

His was 185kb using 2 custom textures. While yours is only 14kb with all ingame textures. Very well done.

I don't have any complaints other than the fact the ribbon seems to go opposite the sword in direction. They're like perpendicular to each other.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Show me this sword from WoW and i'l compare them just to confirm that its not.
Why do people always think something really good is taken from WoW?
Wow very nicely done. It reminded me of the SC4 Soul Caliber sword that 誓约 did. Very similiar except for his was done with a screenshot kinda texture and was way more in file size because of it. That and it was about 1k polies where yours is 300.
His was 185kb using 2 custom textures. While yours is only 14kb with all ingame textures. Very well done.

that isn't a sword, its a billboard/2d basically and it doesn't look as good as chilla's.

Level 20
That was the sword I based it on. Look in the description.
Thanks for all the nice comments +rep for all

You didn't have that picture there yet when I commented but I already knew that's what it was. That picture (in another form) is actually what 誓约 used to make his model. Like he used that picture as the texture. XD

Ehm, That's a sword from WoW? Then WoW copied it from Soul Calibur. 8<

No its not a sword from WoW not at all. WoW8.org is another wc3 site kinda like the Hive but its Chinese. They just throw the logo on all uploaded images. Sorry for any confusion.

Show me this sword from WoW and i'l compare them just to confirm that its not.
Why do people always think something really good is taken from WoW?

that isn't a sword, its a billboard/2d basically and it doesn't look as good as chilla's.

Its not billboarded and not 2d. Just almost. XD Its got the orb in the center that is billboarded but the entire sword isn't. The rest was made through scratch mesh making but it wasn't rounded at all and is there by mostly flat. XD 1000+ polies doesn't come from a 2d billboarded image.

I could link you to the model if your interested.

Level 28
The sword in the preview has a 90o rotated particle. If you used the latest magos version on the hive you should:
a) switch the values on width and length with each other
b) download the latest version from: http://home.magosx.com/index.php?topic=6.0

Otherwhise it's a rather nice blade. Allthough you could zoom in on the wielder in the preview so that you can see his sword instead of the terrain.

Level 3
nice model

im just sayin this is a nice model its just u shouldnt really put chrystal sword cause its soul caliber from well Soul Calibur

still its a great model 5/5