• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chr2's WIP Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So, hi everybody! I felt it's been too long since there's been a WIP showcase thread in this section, so I decided to make one! Yay! So, yeah, here are some of my current texture WIPs:

150077-albums4247-picture57924.png

150077-albums4247-picture59010.png

150077-albums4247-picture59031.png

150077-albums4247-picture59069.png

150077-albums4247-picture57925.png

150077-albums4247-picture58357.png

150077-albums4247-picture58381.png

Download Link

150077-albums4247-picture57926.png

150077-albums4247-picture58356.png

150077-albums4247-picture58382.png

Download Link

150077-albums4247-picture57927.png

150077-albums4247-picture57928.png

Please leave feedback and constructive criticism etc. I leave you with this video of some of the skins performing in-game.

Last edited:
Well, Molten Giant's lava texture looks great. I assume his body ain't finished yet?
DotF's face might need some work (or you can post a pic of his portrait to see more details).
Revenant looks interesting, but that's all I can say, as this one's wrap makes it horrible to skin.
Garrosh: hmmm, I'm not too familiar with that model and what can be changed via alpha-skinning. His belt looks interesting though.

Level 49
They all look very nice to me. The Druid of the Talon is amazing, the cape fits very well; It looks pretty much finished to me. I'd love to see more updates on the Air Revenant and Molten Giant. The Air Revenant's mace looks a bit plain, I think it needs more ornate lines and designs. I'm not a big fan of the runes, but the colors fit nicely.

Level 25
Thanks for the constructive feedback, 13lackDeath and Deolrin.
The Molten Giant has received much more positive response than anticipated.
As for the Revenant, I'll figure out a way to make the mace more interesting. The runes are supposed to represent lightning, which is why they look as they do.

I am currently held back by a couple of things (Diablo and exams), but as soon as I am finished with those, you can expect some updates!

Level 23
The nose and the part around it could use a bit more work. The highlight on it is kinda off. Basically for the round shape it has to be rounder not looking like a reverted pyramid. Also you could add a bit of a shadow for the part under the nose. This would cause it to look a bit more plastic and add to the 3d feeling. The transition of the front nose to the side nose is rather harsh aswell. I suggest you spend a bit more time here, which is kind of annoying I guess. But it's really worth it. Keep it up.

Level 49
Nice stuff, but I agree with M0rbid. Actually, I think the shadows are too strong, on the nose and around it(on either side of it). But that's minor stuff - my main concern is actually the firebird, which looks unrefined, sketchy and, well, bad, compared to your other skins(especially that extremely smooth looking Druid of the Flame). I don't know if it's the texture resolution or if it's your fault, but it just doesn't look as good as the feathers and other details on the Druid of the Flame. It looks like it was drawn with color pencils, for whatever reason.

Level 4
Ohh very nice indeed, although it does plain him out a bit - maybe keep the original blue glyph on the new silver pattern, like combine both.

Level 4
150077-albums4247-picture57924.png

I mean those blue glyps on the mace - work them into the new texture of the mace which looks like gusts of silver wind ;D

Level 25
I mean those blue glyps on the mace - work them into the new texture of the mace which looks like gusts of silver wind ;D

Well, I was originally told it was boring, which is why I changed it. I'll see what I can do, though it'll doubtly look good.

The Air reverant epic
The druid is awsome and the hawk ditto
The lava giant needs more lava at the center but sorry to say that doesn't look like Garrosh but that is my personal opinion but great job with the other.

Thanks. Most of these are just WIPs. The body of the Molten Giant is currently just a recolor of the Mountain Giant. It will eventually gain a texture similar to that of the arms. Again, Garrosh is also just an early WIP. Hopefully (and most likely) the finished product will look more like the real deal.

Level 4
Maybe going a bit too far here... but why not draw some "stormy cloud" on it? free hand 4tw :p although that will make him look less like a special unit and much more like some hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.