• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: Video/youtube link in albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "idea" came to me because I have been thinking about making WIP video footage of a campaign I'm working on.
While the whole album feature is great I wondered if it could be tweaked to support video/youtube links as well, and if not, perhaps add such feature as a stand alone.

I don't know if people would find this useful at all. But I for one could use it a lot to showcase trailers or WIPs on my profile page.

Just a thought.

Edit:
Deleted some irrelevant blabber.

Last edited:
Youtube is a lot more reliable on storing videos so I don't really see a video album necessary here.

Not many people views other people's album so if what you'll do is link them to your album then just link them on your youtube channel.

No no I didn't mean to store them here. Simply be able to post a link to a youtube video in your albums (and watch it from there). Just like people do when they upload a map.
The reason I'm suggesting this, is to release trailers/WIP before you actually upload the map.

Pfft. I look through other peoples albums all the time :p

I think it is an alright idea, but I am not going to modify the default album system in vBulletin.

Alrighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.