• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chilly River

Phew, It's finally here!My 2nd melee map i made, i putted alot of effort at this one, hoping to make it 10 times better than my other.So i hope you can give suggestions and repord the terrain errors while you play it.

~Chilly River~
You have an outpost at the corner of the river and you enemy at the other side of it, you must expand your base fast, kill creeps to loot gold and get wood to bolster you production.Rumors say that there are Magical fountains at this cold Wasterland.
There are also some hard traind warriors at the local mercenary camps, fearless heroes at your servises and greedy goblins that will gladly sell you equipments in order to get gold.It's up to you to decide who will capture these mountains.

~Change Log~
13/9/2009:Added
14/9/2009:Removed one Bridge, added More snow, changed some Gold Mine Guards, modified the Murloc Villages, now they have more hills.
15/9/2009:Removed the hero taverns and replaced 'em with Goblin Merchants, also added Creeps to protect 'em, fixed the ''You win'' Bug when you start the map so its 100% Playable!
31/5/2010:LOLZ it's been a long time since i last updated but now i think its complete, i've fixed everything.

Keywords:
Chilly, River, Chilly River, Murloc, Creep, Lmao, lol
Contents

Chilly River (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 08:23, 11th Apr 2010 Rui: This map has a decent terrain plane, but the itemsets are totally wrong. Read my review for details. Rejected (needs fix).

M

ap0: Approved

08:23, 11th Apr 2010
Rui:
This map has a decent terrain plane, but the itemsets are totally wrong. Read my review for details. Rejected (needs fix).

Level 23
Great, your map is up! I'll check it now.

EDIT:
Ok, I think that you have some things to fix.
First: Remove the middle bridge, two bridges are enough.
Second: Those fences you used are killing me! Try deleting them.
Third: Are you sure the guards of the wells and mines are equel in power?
Four: The map needs more work, for example the murloc village cliffs
Five: Are you sure the taverns are needed in a one on one map? And two of them is too much i think, and you should work on their location

Sorry :(

Last edited:
Level 14
Great, your map is up! I'll check it now.

EDIT:
Ok, I think that you have some things to fix.
First: Remove the middle bridge, two bridges are enough.
Second: Those fences you used are killing me! Try deleting them.
Third: Are you sure the guards of the wells and mines are equel in power?
Four: The map needs more work, for example the murloc village cliffs
Five: Are you sure the taverns are needed in a one on one map? And two of them is too much i think, and you should work on their location

Sorry :(

Okay, thanks for the review man, i knew there was something wrong with taverns, and as for me the Guards are Equal in power, Well, i will try to balance it and fix the terrain, and i think your idea is good for the bridge.Editing now.:wink:

{EDIT}
Map Updated.
Changed the Murloc village terrain, now it has more land rather than only water, removed a bridge and Added some water doodads at the other ones, Added More snow at teh map, Removed the 2 Furbolg champions and replaced 'em with normal Furbolgs.

I need suggestion to change the Guards at the HP Fountain, maybe add Reveants instead of Ghosts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
I know, fixing it right now, and btw im going to remove the taverns and add Goblin Merchants instead.

{EDIT 1}
~Updated~
Fixed the ''You win!'' bug at the start and removed the taverns, replacing them with Goblin merchants, also added creeps protecting them and improved the map description(Chilly River history).So its 100% playable.

{EDIT 2}
Hope now it became Playable. :)

EDIT:Damn it i srsly need a mod to review it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for Arthas_King's melee map, "Chilly River"

"Chilly River" is a 1v1 melee map by Arthas_King. While decent in its layout, the map has several mistakes on its itemsets.I shall start my review by mentioning that the drops are completely wrong. You are making the creeps drop specific items which are not even equal for both players. On top of that, you mustn't add items from the Purchasable, Miscellaneous or Campaign item groups on the drop-sets (there are creeps who drop a Potion of Health, for example). Adding to this, neutral buildings (Murloc Hut) also drop items when destroyed. How you even managed to do this without the editor yelling at you about melee map conditions is beyond me. However, it is a wrong thing to do.To conclude, on dropsets terms, the map needs a complete rectification.
The terrain doesn't leave me too pleased, either. First of all, the landscape is flat, using only cliffs here and there, but they only make it worse when you find one of those ramps made in a diagonal way, which makes them stretch the cliff. I'm not a no-cliff and lots-of-doodads map extremist, but this looks ugly and can be avoided.The only thing I liked about the map was its decent layout and neutral building placement. There's a fair amount of space for each player, an unguarded Mercenary Camp which lets you hire creeps for an early assault, two expansions, and two Fountains, even though these two should be moved away from the player of the portion of land they're on, so the distance between both fountains and the players gets evened out, thus preventing a balance issue.
There are two other errors on this map: there are holes on the trees and the Gold Mine creeps have their acquisition range set to Guard status.
My rating for this map is a 2/5 (Lacking). Due to this rating, the map will not receive Reviewed status. It will be Approved once you get to work on it. For now, it is Rejected.

Level 14
"Chilly River" is a 1v1 melee map by Arthas_King. While decent in its layout, the map has several mistakes on its itemsets.I shall start my review by mentioning that the drops are completely wrong. You are making the creeps drop specific items which are not even equal for both players. On top of that, you mustn't add items from the Purchasable, Miscellaneous or Campaign item groups on the drop-sets (there are creeps who drop a Potion of Health, for example). Adding to this, neutral buildings (Murloc Hut) also drop items when destroyed. How you even managed to do this without the editor yelling at you about melee map conditions is beyond me. However, it is a wrong thing to do.To conclude, on dropsets terms, the map needs a complete rectification.
The terrain doesn't leave me too pleased, either. First of all, the landscape is flat, using only cliffs here and there, but they only make it worse when you find one of those ramps made in a diagonal way, which makes them stretch the cliff. I'm not a no-cliff and lots-of-doodads map extremist, but this looks ugly and can be avoided.The only thing I liked about the map was its decent layout and neutral building placement. There's a fair amount of space for each player, an unguarded Mercenary Camp which lets you hire creeps for an early assault, two expansions, and two Fountains, even though these two should be moved away from the player of the portion of land they're on, so the distance between both fountains and the players gets evened out, thus preventing a balance issue.
There are two other errors on this map: there are holes on the trees and the Gold Mine creeps have their acquisition range set to Guard status.
My rating for this map is a 2/5 (Lacking). Due to this rating, the map will not receive Reviewed status. It will be Approved once you get to work on it. For now, it is Rejected.

Hmm some time passed after the last update, but now i've completely fixed the drop and i think it's ready! :D