• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chicken Games (1.0 -> 12/24/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Games (2.02 -> 03/14/2014)

chickengames-banner.png

OVERVIEW
In a land far far away, there is an unlimited supply of chickens. No matter how many chickens the people cook for food, they never seem to end. So the people thought, "why not utilize these chickens more?". And so they decided to use the chickens for different games where people around the world can indulge themselves in. And so, the chicken games is born.

SCREENSHOTS
post-1742-0-37942300-1387498113.png

ChickenGames-Shop00.PNG

More Info and Download
Check it out on Gamejolt

Alternate download
Check it out on RPGMaker Web

Last edited:
@Freeze - nope... I cannot... or I wouldn't anyways... as for time, hmmm... a few days working about 1-2 hrs a day...

@Wrathion - Does it still cause errors? if yes, can I have a screenshot of the error?

PS: I'm on vacation starting a few hours from now until the 30th (GMT+8) so I might not be able to answer depending if there's wifi there or not...

Level 30
Played the game and it was quite fun. It bring back alot of memories when you are still a kid and playing GBA-like games.

About the game, I liked it very much that it consists of many games though you could have add more (maybe if you are planning to update, you could add some?).

The Chicken Toaster EX game could still be improved like it enables you to shoot while moving at the same time for it can turn out very useful when the game gets harder and harder which means more enemies and harder to handle.

The Chicken Toaster in the other hand could maybe use some power-ups maybe that hastens your shooting speed, it can turn out useful as I have said when the game gets tougher and harder. Through power-ups, you could have control over the chickens even at a faster spawn time of the chicken while it gets harder.

These 2 are the only games I have played and I wonder if there is also a different set of game for the Not Chicken part. I'll try that sooner and add my insights here. Reps for the game, it is quite fun!

(P.S: Wrathion's idea is actually great if you will ask me so maybe you should do that here. Take your time in it and no rushes)

Through power-ups, you could have control over the chickens even at a faster spawn time of the chicken while it gets harder.
Yes, I agree, you could do some things like Luxor(in case you know that game series) where you grab powerups from dying enemies and empower your next shot or something else. :cgrin:

I am planning to update, I just haven't got the time... I was on vacation last weekend and I'm kinda bit sick right now... The idea I have right now is something that I call Thunderbirds (or maybe Thunderchickens), I'm still working on what it will really be though...

Uhm, not chicken means you quit the game... :)

I'm thinking about power-ups, just haven't got ideas yet... I'll consider those and see what I can do... :)

IDK Luxor, but Chicken Invaders I believe has that same mechanics, and I played that game... :)

arg, still can't rep Wrathion... it's hard to spread rep when I don't lurk here too much anymore...

Level 30
The new screenshots definitely looks interesting. And did you just added the possibility to give some accessories to your character and to change its look through it? If so, looks awesome and quite a good addition to the game.

Keep it up and the updates are definitely getting interesting by each moment!

Level 30
The short video and teasers looks cool in my opinion. Looks like a new mini-game (which I am sure is) but I don't know exactly what you are to do in the mini-game. Mind explaning some info on your posts?

Anyway, this is looking good and reps for the work, AGAIN.

It is like a BOSS battle... you need to defeat that flying thunderbird (you can only use the powerups to attack, no other methods), so it's more like something that you will only try once you get to hoard a lot of the powerups...

the video was nvm, I was just bored and decided to capture a video of me spamming the flames on a blocker... and to serve as a small teaser on how that bird was in action...

Level 30
It is like a BOSS battle... you need to defeat that flying thunderbird... XD...

the video was well, I was just bored and decided to capture a video of me spamming the flames on a blocker...

Ah looks great. Never saw a boss fight yet here AFAIK and it is indeed interesting. I hope that would have some challenge.

Good luck, can't wait for this new version.

the game was even just 3MB actually... the font was 7MB... hahaha... I was really surprised when I learned that the font was that big... or maybe I should just use some font that is surely installed in anyone's computer... Arial maybe???

PS: It's currently the front page for my blogsite btw: http://lescripts.wordpress.com

Last edited:
Level 30
Review emerges!

Played the new version and still pursuing to play as much minigames to buy many foods to fight the Thunder Bird. Tried fighting it with only 14 foods that shoots 4 fireballs. And I can say that it's quite hard and yes, literally hard. Every hit, it restores its life (I think his life is the three red balls at top, right?). Also, it the chicken is quite fast. I suggest at some times, make it slower then faster again. And I don't know if this is a glitch or not but in the fight with the Thunderbird as well, even how many times it hits me, nothing happens. No game overs or whatsoever? Is this in the game or a bug?

Anyway, I am happy that you improved the Chicken Toaster as well, making it able to shoot fire balls even moving unlike on the last version. The new mini games are quite fun most likely the Thunder Run. You could add some power-ups exclusively for the game at some points or meters on game that is beneficial on racking up meter runs = more chicken credits.

The new addition of the currency called as Chicken Credits is totally awesome and useful to the game. It can be used to buy food to fight with the Thunderbird, and buy accessories and stuffs.

But it's easy to get lost in means of control in the game. Maybe you should make a file in the game's folder or directory like of a text file showing controls and buttons or in-game when pressing a key displays all controls. When fighting the Thunderbird, I don't even know what to push to fire flames.

I don't even know that there are some new characters available in the game (Noah, Shana, Gilga). Looks interesting and lots of treats. Might push harder to acquire these.

Overall, If I were to rate this, 3/5.

Nope... his life is the two HP bars below... the three orbs are your actions, so that you cannot SPAM foods (because 1) it makes it a lot easier if you can spam, 2) it lags if you spam)

If you read the description before the fight, it says there that if it hits you, it regenerates it's HP (that is why there are two HP bars btw, the second one is "optional")... the only way to lose is: Quit via the obelisk on the upper left or via close, or run out of food, forcing you to quit.

Thunder Run was a last minute addition, that's why it's quite "plain" right now... I might add powerups that can be obtained during the gameplay itself. Like maybe anti-electrocution so that you can survive a hit.

Controls? Hmm... The shop owner explains Food usage, and the snowman also explains some things, like what the two obelisk do. Maybe I'll put a newbie guide during the opening texts.

thanks for the comments btw... :)

PS: I'm planning for other projects for now (there was this big idea brewing for some time now), so no patches in the near days (unless I get motivated or something)... wait, yes, I said Patches... :)

Level 30
Its weird for I did not saw any of those HP bar below except for my first fight, I saw one but with my second fight, I did not saw anything just the red balls above. It looks like I am not reading the instructions again but making a text file with the controls is a good idea indeed, supporting you on that.

Anyway, best of luck here. Game's open for more additions of games, accessories, foods and stuffs.

Last edited:
Really? Gotta take a look at that, though I'm sure last time I tried it shows again... I'll see if it indeed does not show the other times around and make a patch for it since that's an immediate concern...

as for new stuff, maybe none until I get working on other ideas I have in mind

EDIT: Tested it, the bars where still there the second time around... btw, the second bar is unfilled by default.

EDIT 2: Added a manual

Last edited:
Level 30
Some additional suggestions, in each mini game, it would be quite good if chicken credits is not the only thing that can be awarded in each mini game. possible are foods and some accessories (if the mini game has been played many times)

Achievements would also work for this game that gives out reward such as Chicken Credits, foods or achievement-based accessories or stuffs. It makes the game much more enjoyable and much worth playing (but not saying also that the game's not worth playing, achievements in my own point of view, is a great add to the game because it makes you feel good when you achieve something on a game instead of merely playing).

Anyway, I hope the game's development is going nicely there.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about that for a long time now, but I just can't seem to decide up to now what kind of achievements to add... Hmmmm... Hmmmm... Hmmm... Maybe I'd go first with the staples like: played a game X times, gained X money, failed X times etc

PS: been pretty busy with RL this weekend. The Opening Exhibit of Philippines for the Pyromusical Contest was AWESOME. :)

Level 30
Well, if you would like some ideas for achievements, I would more happy to give you some:

~Gods Among the Thunder Birds.
Defeat the Thunder Bird x times.

Reward: Depends on you (preferable, a special accessory.)

~Toasting Addiction
Play Chicken Toaster or Chicken Toaster EX x times.

Reward: Chicken Credits (preferable)

~Chicken Exterminator
Reach x score on either Chicken Toaster or Chicken Toaster EX.

Reward: Chicken Credits and some Foods

~Perfectionist (Thunderbird Battle)
Defeat the Thunderbird without taking any hits from its attack.

Reward: Chicken Credits and an Accessory.

Hope this helps you on creating your achievements. I would like to help you in ways I can for your promising game here.

I like the name of that first one, it might be fitting for a special banner... XD...

There's actually a reward already for achieving some points for both Toasters and also for Escape, that is unlocking characters, I guess I'll just have to make it more obvious, then add more achievement points.

PS: Been playing NBA 2k12 again, my player mode... it has milestones you know? Even for little things... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.