• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cheesey_111 First Terraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is my first terraining i have ever done. its supposed to be underwater somewhere. so i just want to know what people think of it and what should be improved.

Attachments

• Hydra.jpg
    Hydra.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Shipwreck1.jpg
    Shipwreck1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Shipwreck2.jpg
    Shipwreck2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Continental Shelf.jpg
    Continental Shelf.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 156
Level 34
Needs a lot of work. There is nothing to look at. It's overall really boring. I suggest better camera angles, more doodads, and get rid of the blizzard cliffs. Although the cliffs are surprisingly nice. You can keep them so you don't have to start over.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41713 Here is a link to another underwater thread. Look for my post with the example. It's not all that great, but I think you can still learn from it.

This looks so-so underwater, but you have no bubbles, no life and almost no doodads or anything else either. Improve this by actually adding life at the bottom, more tile variation, even if it just 2 different sand tiles, it is better than no variation.

Also avoid using blizzard cliffs, it doesn't help forwarding the underwater feel.

And a terrain doesn't automaticly become good because you place a million crashed ships, keep that in mind :p

Level 25
This looks so-so underwater, but you have no bubbles, no life and almost no doodads or anything else either.

rofl, the first time I read this I misread it as if you were insulting him.

He's right though. The underwater terrains need fish, bubbles, maybe rays of moonlight, and so probably fish bigger than others such as Sharks/Dolphins.
~Craka_J

Level 6
So more life and bubbles + bigger fish and camera angle will make it better?
and about the questions
@ragingspeedhorn those were the same sunken ships just on the other side of them and i agree with not much life.
@Craka_J that was coral and i agree with you agreeing.
@Gilles your terrain is seems good mmm stacking.
@Banlord i feel like teal is an alright color for water as not all water is the same and i will add bubbles.
@UchihaSasuke.gr Theirs fish now

Anyways so would these be an improvement except for the blizzard cliffs still?

Attachments

• Seaweed.jpg
    Seaweed.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 130
  • Continental Shelf.jpg
    Continental Shelf.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 100
  • Shipwreck1.jpg
    Shipwreck1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Shipwreck2.jpg
    Shipwreck2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Hydra.jpg
    Hydra.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 98
Level 34
That firs one is really good! The others are a real improvement, but not nearly as good as the first. Underwater is really hard. =(

You could really use tile variation, which is impossible with Blizzard cliffs. That is one huge reason not to use them!

Status
Not open for further replies.