• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Checking the autocast on/off issue

Level 4
Hello! I have three autocast abilities in my project that need to be triggered when you turn on or off autocast, based on three abilities - dark arrow, cold arrow and orb of destruction. I know that there is a way to check unit's issued order by name of the order, and in the case with dark arrow I just wrote the name of order and everything worked okay. But cold arrows and orb doesn't have their default order names, so I tried to set them orders from another abilities, but the trigger didn't work. Is there any way to deal with it, or orders just work for their native abilities and if ability doesn't have turn on or off order you can't trigger it? If there is no way, I can just try to build triggers on other autocast abilities that has their on/off order

Attachments

• orders.png
    orders.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 7
  • orders2.png
    orders2.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
Level 4
Hello! I have three autocast abilities in my project that need to be triggered when you turn on or off autocast, based on three abilities - dark arrow, cold arrow and orb of destruction. I know that there is a way to check unit's issued order by name of the order, and in the case with dark arrow I just wrote the name of order and everything worked okay. But cold arrows and orb doesn't have their default order names, so I tried to set them orders from another abilities, but the trigger didn't work. Is there any way to deal with it, or orders just work for their native abilities and if ability doesn't have turn on or off order you can't trigger it? If there is no way, I can just try to build triggers on other autocast abilities that has their on/off order
UPD: Thx, I've already dealt with it - just found out by text message which are those true orders

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
There's Orders for turning Cold Arrows on and off:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Sea Witch - Activate Frost Arrows.
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Sea Witch - Deactivate Frost Arrows.
But you cannot actually modify the Order Strings of an ability. They're hardcoded and the editor is misleading.

Here's a useful trigger to detect Order strings:
  • Get Order String
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (String((Issued order)))
Keep it around and enable it whenever you need to determine the Order of something.

Level 4
There's Orders for turning Cold Arrows on and off:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Sea Witch - Activate Frost Arrows.
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Sea Witch - Deactivate Frost Arrows.
But you cannot actually modify the Order Strings of an ability. They're hardcoded and the editor is misleading.

Here's a useful trigger to detect Order strings:
  • Get Order String
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (String((Issued order)))
Keep it around and enable it whenever you need to determine the Order of something.
Thx, thats thing I used to find out which order I need