• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Repair Autocast Trigger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings Hive!

I have noticed a problem in my trigger of activating autocast of a certain unit.

The trigger works like this:
When a unit finishes an upgrade (in which the unit is a structure, and that unit upgrades to a better version like Town Hall to Keep), I order the upgrading unit to activate autocast of the Repair Skill.

The autocast is activated, though it has the behavior of NOT ACTUALLY repairing stuff around it, as if the autocast is off.

I also observed this too on Abilities - Default Active Ability field of the unit. When the structure is built, it does have its autocast repair on, but then again, it doesn't actually repair stuff, as if the autocast is off.

Is there a way out of this to fix this weird problem? I want those units, when they have upgraded/constructed, to actually repair when autocast is turned on by trigger/Default Active Ability field.

Thanks Hive.:ogre_kawaii:

Level 9
Try ordering that unit to turn on autocast and ordering it to repair a nearby building with damaged hp via triggers. Maybe autocast will work once the unit starts to repair buildings.

Indeed it does start doing their repairs when commanded to repair.

The problem will still persist if there are no damaged structures nearby if I did that solution of commanding it to repair a damaged structure.

Level 22
Indeed it does start doing their repairs when commanded to repair.

The problem will still persist if there are no damaged structures nearby if I did that solution of commanding it to repair a damaged structure.

Then if no building is damaged, trigger the damage by about -1 HP or if 0.5 works, try that so it is unnoticed.

Level 9
Then if no building is damaged, trigger the damage by about -1 HP or if 0.5 works, try that so it is unnoticed.

I did this. Apparently, 0.1 to 0.99 subtraction doesn't. Minus 1 works, though, but it is noticeable, not that I mind.

This is a temporary solution, but I think this works for me.

If anybody, though, has a better solution, please post here.
Some people doesn't want to show the noticeable effect done by this solution.

Level 22
I did this. Apparently, 0.1 to 0.99 subtraction doesn't. Minus 1 works, though, but it is noticeable, not that I mind.

This is a temporary solution, but I think this works for me.

If anybody, though, has a better solution, please post here.
Some people doesn't want to show the noticeable effect done by this solution.

Another Solution is to use a Damage Detection System. If a building is damaged, then trigger your worker to repair the closest building and at the same time, order it to autocast repair.

Combine a DDS as Shadow Flux suggested with a custom edit of phoenix fire with its own buff and order the unit who should have that custom phoenix fire ability with the repair ability to repair the damaged unit.

Another method which maps like castle fight and other famous genre's used dummy units/peasants/workers with the repair ability and the default active ability as repair.
The last method/solution has already been mentioned before I posted. Otherwise that is all the known ways of easily resolving this problem. Other ways can be like finding which units are currently selected and enter a chat message to order them to be repaired or to repair a certain unit through clicking another unit after typing the command or using a dummy ability.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Solution #1 (tested)

When your structure finishes an upgrade, quickly replace the structure.
This will reset its autocast bug and it works just as well.

Triggers:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Town Hall
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Keep using The new unit's max life and mana
Solution #2 (not tested)

Create a dummy unit where the structure it and give it the repair ability.

When you start an upgrade, hide the dummy.
When the upgrade is finished, unhide the dummy.

Though this way the structure will only be there for looks and will do nothing.

Level 9
Solution #1 (tested)

When your structure finishes an upgrade, quickly replace the structure.
This will reset its autocast bug and it works just as well.

Triggers:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Town Hall
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Keep using The new unit's max life and mana

Solution 1 will be good, it doesn't also hinder with tech-tree dependency equivalence.
+Rep for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.