• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Check Unit or Point Target on Missile Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want a Launch Missile Effect that checks whether the target of the Ability that fires it is a Unit or a Point, and does different things for each situation. A Switch Effect is what I thought of but...

Right now, I have the Impact Effect as a Switch, but I must have it set up wrong, because it does nothing, the Switch doesn't even activate. (I used a trigger to show some text when it activates, as a visual sign.) The Validators I've tried are Location Type and Unit Order Target Type, but I don't know enough about what these actually do and how to set them properly.

What Validator(s) should I use? With what setup, things like Target Location, set to what?

I do know an alternate method for all of this, but it means the ability is no longer single-target.

Status
Not open for further replies.