• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Point out of map bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hey guys, I have an ability like Raynor's penetrator rounds except it launches a missile, and it's supposed to fire towards the location that you select and keep flying till it hits the map bounds and dies. I found out how to make it keep flying however.... it won't fire if the "continued target location" is outside the map bounds. What I'd like, is to be able to issue the order near your unit, and just have the unit keep flying past the issued target till it hits something or is out of bounds, instead of the ability not working if the shots would fly too far.

Edit: my bad, just fixed this. The problem was that I was using a persistent effect that fired before the missile launching, the persistent effect wouldn't launch the missile if the location was invalid, however by skipping this and just using the missile the missile will spawn no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.