• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat "auto-ding" suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I'd like to see a toggleable (default to disabled) feature for the chat that makes the /ding sound whenever your name is referenced in message. You could enable it in the user CP or maybe just in chat with a slash command.

Example:

Anonymous: ~Void~, you are a slimy faggot and you should rot in hell.

Now, if I had this feature off, due to me being in another tab at the moment, I wouldn't be able to react to this sudden attack. If I had the feature enabled, however, it would make a ding noise when the message went off and I could switch to the chat and tell Anonymous how much of an idiot he is (I mean, tell him that such actions are against the rules and report him to higher authorities. xD)

See what I mean? By the way, if you didn't catch it earlier, this feature would be, by default, off.

Status
Not open for further replies.