• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AFK Timer for the Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a simple system for the Chat here at THW that I think is greatly needed. Ever got frustrated when someone appeared to be on, but was AFK, and you asked them if they were there? Now, I had this idea that there is a 10-15 minute timer that counts down after every message you post in the chat. After that timer expires, your location (@) status will change to AFK, so you know if someone is AFK, instead of trying to ask the person who is obviously not there, if he is.

Level 15
Kind of like the automatic idle message of some popular internet chat clients? Sounds like a great idea. :smile:

Level 14
This could be cute, but it overlaps a bit with the "/@ status" messages in usability. I think it would be better if after 15 minutes of being afk, the chat automatically sets your status message to "AFK" if you don't already have one.

That makes a lot more sense to me.

Level 4
There's more pros than cons when it comes to this idea. I think it's something that could (and should) be included in the chat system. That is, if Ralle has a few minutes of spare time to piddle around with the coding and see what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.