• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small vote-afk system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I'm making an RPG that requires a lot of team play, which means that if one of the players stays AFK, the rest just get stucked. I need to make a simple '-afk #' system to send the AFK player to town (not kick him). I tried to modify one of the existings vote-kick system, but was too hard for me.

Example:
- Any player types: "-afk 2" -> Starts a 10 sec countdown timer for player 2.
- AFK Timer reaches 0 -> Player 2 units are sent to town.
- Player 2 types anything (<Empty String>) during the AFK Timer -> the timer stops.

- To prevent abuses, when a player starts a timer (typing "-afk #") it's unable to do it again for 30 secs.

Gen Info:
- Max players is 5.
- I don't need it completely done. Just a generic base system so I can customize the actions over the AFK player.

Thanks!

Level 20
Hehehehehe... Good to know :p Working on fixing it? :p

I just basically need to remove the unit from a bunch of groups (That's easy) and move all it's units to the last visited town (That's easy).

Status
Not open for further replies.