• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chapter 7 Error & Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
  • On chapter seven, the load code will not give you your items and your screen will be flooded with "-=HUMAN CHAPTER 7=-" sings. (I've attached two screenshots for this.)
  • On chapter five, the maximum level of Falric is not 6. My allied player gained level 7 and reported gaining further experience. Despite this, on chapter six, he will be level 6 and only the first six abilities will be learned. (So for example my allied player learned 3 stuns, 3 evasion and 1 ultimate. On the next map, the trigger made him learn stun three times and evasion three times and also ordered him to learn his ultimate but by then he had no points. I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about. Even if not, it's not that important, if you fix the experience bug on H05, this bug will also disappear for future plays.)
  • On chapter five, you cannot return lumber to your allied player's preplaced Lumber Mill. You can still return lumber to his preplaced Town Hall.
That's all. H06 works perfectly. I think this campaign is nearly bug-free now. Just a few more quick updates and I'll shut up per everyone's desire.

Attachments

• newscr01.jpg
    newscr01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • newscr02.jpg
    newscr02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I've already confirmed and fixed the two bugs for H5,
But the main about H7 has really got me baffled!
I'll keep checking my triggers.

EDIT: I found a flaw in the H6 endgame code. So that explains your items, I don't know about the spamming text.
The load code fix might have fixed that?

So I'll mark this as resolved, but I'll leave it open if theres anything you want to add.

And btw, we don't want you to shut up, you keep the project active when i'm busy working x3

Last edited:
Level 18
I'm reopening this topic, because not all the bugs posted here have been resolved.

I've found what spams the system.
  • Select Unit
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Triggering player)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering player) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to ExchangeSelection1
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to ExchangeSelection2
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 600.00 seconds the text: |cff6666dd-= HUMAN ...
The last line will display the unwanted text whenever either player tries to select or reselect one of their own units. Obvious solution is to terminate that line.
This trigger is the last trigger of folder 'Systems' named 'Select Unit'.

Level 18
So I've checked on the Barrier.
It does not run.

It's very hard to test alone, so I'm not 100% sure as I might have messed up some triggers, but Setup Insane did not run for me, which is supposed to enable the trigger. Once I enabled the trigger initially, it ran correctly, but this might cause some errors for normal mode. I will research further tomorrow, when I play normally with another player.
(Also, once you figure out how to enable the trigger correctly, please, order any unit you push backwards to Hold Position so it won't look this dumb.)

Also, you can remove ItemDrop1-6, you no longer use them.
Btw, how about enlarging and making purple's base harder to defeat?

Level 18
This may be my biggest discovery yet.
I've managed to confirm this: Insane mode setup does not run correctly on insane. After adding the following line to Gametext -> Startgame load:
    • If - Conditions
      • INSANEMODE Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • Trigger - Run Setup Insane <gen> (checking conditions)
    • Else - Actions
I was able to get the map working as it should.

I'll post my version of the map per LichPrince's desire. If you choose to use my version, this will save you a lot of additional bug fix time and let you concentrate on other stuff.
So, I'll attach my version.
I've decided to nickname my version of the map "2P Human07b".

Changelog:
  1. Insane mode has been fixed and now works properly. You'll also notice a great increase in difficulty. The map will be very challenging now.
  2. As a consequence of 1, the following bugs have also been fixed: Unfunctional generator bug. No load code bug. (Yes, the first one was causing this. I'll also add that this bug only appeared for those who used a code and decided to play on insane. That's why this was hard to spot.)
  3. Several insane mode upgrades or abilities were not included in the original Reign of Chaos, such as Skeleton Mage for Necromancers or Cannibalize for Abominations. These have been removed.
  4. The previously reported spam bug has also been removed.

Attachments

• 2P Human07b.w3x
    472.3 KB · Views: 97

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Well.. looking over the changelog.

1. - I don't really want to raise the difficulty for that mission much more, its supposed to be a relatively easy mission, I don't really want to fiddle with the difficulties that I've done too much. (Plus I found insane mode pretty hard at the moment!)
2. - The way you have done the insane setup is not the way that I've always done it. In the past the difficulty was saved in the coding, you do not have to say -insane before you -load. I do not want players to be able to switch difficulty while using a save/load across levels.
3. - Originally I thought I would add those to spice things up a bit, despite being TFT upgrades, but I think I should probably remove them yes.
4. - ok

Could you also explain how insane setup bug is related to the endgame save bug?

But thanks for trying to help! (Don't let this put you off!)

Level 18
Lol, you got very confused over my post. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
This changelog is not a set of changes. I would never be so impolite as to do any changes to your maps beyond bug fixing.

This is Setup insane:
  • Setup Insane
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set MissionNumber = 17
      • Unit - Create 3 Ghoul for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of ExitKnightOffScreen <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Replace Frost Wolf 0074 <gen> with a Giant Frost Wolf using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Frost Wolf 0106 <gen> with a Giant Frost Wolf using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Frost Wolf 0122 <gen> with a Dire Frost Wolf using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Berserker 0123 <gen> with a Ice Troll Warlord using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Priest 0111 <gen> with a Ice Troll High Priest using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Priest 0109 <gen> with a Ice Troll High Priest using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll 0138 <gen> with a Ice Troll Berserker using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll 0138 <gen> with a Ice Troll Berserker using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Nerubian Warrior 0104 <gen> with a Nerubian Spider Lord using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Spiderling 0139 <gen> with a Nerubian Warrior using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Berserker 0103 <gen> with a Ice Troll High Priest using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Trapper 0143 <gen> with a Ice Troll Berserker using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Ice Troll Trapper 0144 <gen> with a Ice Troll Berserker using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Wendigo 0121 <gen> with a Wendigo Shaman using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Replace Wendigo 0120 <gen> with a Elder Wendigo using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Remove Flying Machine 0017 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Flying Machine 0016 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Siege Engine 0026 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Farm 0135 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Farm 0008 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Workshop 0009 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Blacksmith 0010 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Replace Keep 0129 <gen> with a Town Hall using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Set RescueHall = (Last replaced unit)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Unholy Strength to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Creature Attack to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Creature Carapace to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Unholy Armor to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Cannibalize to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Ghoul Frenzy to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Web to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Stone Form to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Skeletal Longevity to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the max research level of Disease Cloud to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Banshee Adept Training to 2 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Cannibalize to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Ghoul Frenzy to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Web to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Stone Form to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Skeletal Longevity to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Set the current research level of Disease Cloud to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
      • Hero - Set Lich 0100 <gen> Hero-level to 8, Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Frost Nova
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Frost Armor
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Frost Armor
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Dark Ritual
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Dark Ritual
      • Hero - Learn skill for Lich 0100 <gen>: Undead Lich - Death And Decay
      • Trigger - Turn on Barrier Field <gen>
There was an error in your map, that caused "Setup Insane" never to run. (Perhaps the load code gets corrupted at the end of H06 and H07 does not consider itself an "insane" difficulty map, even if you played H06 on insane. I do not know. I'm still trying to figure out the code system.)
Perhaps this is not the way you've always done it, but, regardless, it never ran for me. Out of the ten or more times I played this map on insane, the Blocking Field never worked, which can only be caused by Setup Insane not running. (Trigger - Turn on Barrier Field <gen>) This bug was also fixed by ensuring that this trigger will run. I also remember how my allied player always got a Keep. This is also perhaps some more proof towards my claim.

Regarding the difficulty:
Now, looking at the trigger, if this trigger never runs, a set of crucial lines also never run. For example, no upgrades are given to the computer player. The Lich is not made stronger. You have to fight a set of much weaker creeps. Now if you fix this, the difficulty will, of course, raise. I only added this, as a side note, that due to the trigger running properly, insane is much more challenging then it used to be before. Before you could amass an army in 8-10 minutes and quickly finish off the enemy base. Now you have to defend a bit, Chaper 9 style, though your situation is not as dire.

And though I do not claim to have much knowledge over how the load code works exactly, but I am pretty sure that the no end game report bug was caused by this line never being decleared. (Set MissionNumber = 17)

EDIT: Reading your post again, I have to add, I never figured you wouldn't have to type -insane at the start of every map and I choose to do so out of habit. If this causes bugs, then this has to be fixed.

EDIT2: Okay, so I've opened H06 and this is how you do insane with a load code.
    • If - Conditions
      • Save[1] Equal to 15
    • Then - Actions
      • Set INSANEMODE = True
      • Trigger - Run Initialize Initializations <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Setup Insane <gen> (checking conditions)
    • Else - Actions
      • Trigger - Run Initialize Initializations <gen> (checking conditions)
On H07, this looks like this:
    • If - Conditions
      • Save[1] Equal to 16
    • Then - Actions
      • Set INSANEMODE = True
      • Trigger - Run StartInitializationSequence <gen> (checking conditions)
    • Else - Actions
      • Trigger - Run StartInitializationSequence <gen> (checking conditions)
Run Setup Insane is, obviously, missing. Perhaps this clarifies everything and I'll stop enlarging this post now.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Ooer, this IS confusing now.
The changelog isn't a log of changes now? Wha?

Oh I think I get you anyway; the fixing of the insane bug should make insane mode the difficulty it was intended to be? - Ah cool, thats ok

Yes you are defintely right with your claim about it not running but, I noticed if you do: -insane then -new, then the insane trigger does run
But if you're using an insane save/load code, then the insane triggers doesn't run!

As for the endgame text bug, I cannot be sure that they are linked, in fact I would think that they are likely not to be. Plus as far as I'm aware, that bug is resolved and gone. (Have you seen it recently?)

Typing -insane or not before you load has no effect at all.

And looking at your last point.. that is not true for the version that I have,
if you are right then that is pretty likely to be the cause,
But are you sure that is not because of your editting?

EDIT: After re-downloading the ver on hive I can say with pretty good certainty your last point is false
I also checking the coding of the previous level, it seems to be ok

Level 18
I will download it again and check.
Still, I'm sure now that this was causing all the bugs until now.

EDIT: You're right. I'm so lost now. So I somehow disabled and enabled the trigger and then it worked?
Still, I can remember so clearly that this setup insane never worked for me before. The generator, the keep, the weaker creeps. Everything pointed to this.
So perhaps the load code really gets corrupted at the end of H06? You could check it quickly. EDIT2: I did not notice your edit.

About the end game report, it's true that this is the first time I play this post-2.0, but it's also true that this is the first time I've ever received a code on this map.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Meh, I just realised I may have to do a massive update on all maps.
(If you are using a non-insane code, but say -insane at the start of the map, some of the insane stuff will run, some will not. I suspect this is happening to you. Can I have a look at your code for H7?)

Lots of work ahead of me!

Level 18
Of course.
-load hexk-CnW4-jSv9-RHeB-VZe5-ZMo2-G6iR-kUEZ-H7n2-LG4z-duak-ipjS

I'm sorry to cause so many inconveniences, but I think most of us would rather play two bug free campaigns than four campaigns that are completely bugged.
I can also help you out with anything, besides codes. So any minor bugs I'll gladly fix. (For example if you find a typo and have to update 10+ maps, I'll gladly do the "zombie" work for you.)

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Thanks for the offer, but it will actually be quicker for me to quickly change and update all the maps then for you to send them all to me for me to update them probably.

Don't worry about it, and ye, bug-free is a priority.

EDIT: The flaw is in your code, not the level. It is a normal mode code. Do you know what level it could've changed on?
EDIT2: Found a problem in Chapter 5, it gives out a normal mode code by default, thats when it will have happened.. (also means you didn't play chapter 6 on insane mode properly!)

Resolved & Closed (for real this time!?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.