• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
So, since our code is bugged, chapter 9 does not run properly. (The enemy has 1/1 attack and armor upgrades only, etc.) Could you please make a version that accepts our bugged code as an insane code? We don't want to go back to chapter five to get a working code.

There are also some bugs with chapter nine, but I don't know which of these are connected to the bugged code.
  • When you get your Castle changed into a Keep on map initialization, the Keeps are shifted east and end up in stupid positions. For example, gray's Keep is in the middle of the lane where purple attacks. Also, the dummy return points remain at the point the Keeps are supposed to be, so you can return lumber into "nothing".
  • When Arthas gets Frostmourne, he forgets all his skills. (You have to redistribute your points.)
  • Arthas can gain experience up to Level 14.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I'll fix the chapter, but I'll let you create a special ver yourself ;D

DO THIS:
- On the load trigger, look down and you'll see something like;
If Save[1] = 8, then set InsaneMode = False, & Run Init
If Save[1] = 18, then set InsaneMode = True, & Run Init & Run Insane
- Set them to like this;
If Save[1] = 8, then set InsaneMode = True, & Run Init & Run Insane
If Save[1] = 18, then set InsaneMode = True, & Run Init & Run Insane
That way the map will always run insane no matter the code.

Working on the update now..

Level 18
Sorry for not replying, I've been quite sick for the past few days.
I checked the trigger you suggested and I noticed two things.
1. Insane runs properly for me.
2. Setup Insane only sets the attack and armor values for both purple and green to 1 and in addition, does not grant any unit specific abilities. It also does not grant any upgrades to teal at all.

I know you cannot fix this until the 15 October, if you wish I'll post my fixed version.

Level 18
I don't know if it was meant to be higher, but I guess so.
It's the last map where you both have a base, and since this map is meant to be the most difficult of them all, I think all four* undead forces should have 3 attack and 3 armor upgrades and all unit specific upgrades. (Cannibalize, Web, Ghoul Frenzy, Necromancer Master Training, Freezing Breath, Disease Cloud, Stone Form)

*See EDIT note.

Currently, the trigger for Insane only does this: (Regarding upgrades only. It does a lot more stuff, but only these upgrades are applied for computer players.)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 1 for Player 7 (Green)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
  • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 1 for Player 4 (Purple)
If you wish, I'll post my version, which now does this:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Integer A) Equal to 3
              • (Integer A) Equal to 4
              • (Integer A) Equal to 5
              • (Integer A) Equal to 7
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 3 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 3 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 3 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 3 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 2 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Cannibalize to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Ghoul Frenzy to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Web to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Stone Form to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Freezing Breath to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Skeletal Longevity to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Set the current research level of Disease Cloud to 1 for (Player((Integer A)))
        • Else - Actions
EDIT:
In case you're wondering:
Player 4 is the purple Undead Pillagers.
Player 7 is the green Undead Scourge.
Player 3 is a smaller green base that only sends Ghouls.
Player 5 is the first attack wave. (That attacks immediately after the cinematic.)

I've also removed Cannibalize from Abominations.
Arthas still gains experience beyond level 10 and forgets his skills, when returning with Frostmourne.

I've also play-tested my version, it's quite hard, like in the old times.
I think you accidentally downgraded the insane version's upgrades with 2.0.
So, I'll just go ahead and post my version with the following changelog.
  • Abominations no longer have Cannibalize.
  • Enemy units are now fully upgraded.
  • Arthas no longer gains experience beyond level 10.
  • Arthas no longer forgets his skills.
I've also updated the map description and version notes to 2.5, so you don't have to do anything with the map, if you decide to use it as an official version.

Last edited:
Level 18
The current release is v2.4, I've updated it to v2.5.
Okay, I shall do those changes.
Can I also do these:
  • Muradin no longer drops items but rather hands them over to Captain immediately? (You've done this for H07, so why not here?)
  • Set the mana of the Necromancers of the first (yellow) attack wave to maximum?

EDIT1:
Do you want Necromancer Adept or Master Training for 4 (purple) and 5 (first wave)?
(I suggest Master, it won't make it that hard, but it's up to you.)

EDIT2:
Okay, the version is more or less complete. I'm only waiting for your reply about the Necromancer Adept or Master issue.

• I was able to find out why EvilArthas (Arthas with Frostmourne) gained levels beyond Level 10.
    • Evil Arthas Level Cap
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Gains a level
      • Conditions
        • (Triggering unit) Equal to EvilArthas
        • (Level of Arthas) Greater than or equal to 10
      • Actions
        • Hero - Disable experience gain for EvilArthas
    has been changed into
    • Evil Arthas Level Cap
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Gains a level
      • Conditions
        • (Triggering unit) Equal to EvilArthas
        • (Level of EvilArthas) Greater than or equal to 10
      • Actions
        • Hero - Disable experience gain for EvilArthas
  • The difficulty has also been changed per your desire. I'll post the whole trigger once the necromancer stuff is done.
  • Muradin to Captain item transfer is done.

EDIT3:
Playtest is complete, everything works smoothly.
Item transfer happens automatically, the computers are a bit weaker, expect for Mal'ganis, Arthas relearns his skills and stops at Lv10.
During this playtest, I was able to spot a Farm (namely, Farm 0036) that did not transfer to blue properly upon game initialization. Instead, the trigger tried to transfer Farm 0026 twice. This has been fixed.

Last edited:
Level 18
H09 v2.5 Changes
  • The maximum level of Arthas is 10.
  • Arthas no longer forgets his skills when he acquires Frostmourne.
  • Muradin's items are no longer dropped on the ground when he dies. They're instead instantly transferred to Captain Falric.
  • Abominations no longer have Cannibalize.
  • Enemy players (3, 4, 5 and 7) properly get upgraded.*
  • The Necromancers of the the first attack wave start with maximum mana.
  • Farm 0036 is now properly transferred to Player 2 (Blue) at the start of the mission.
  • The preplaced Lumber Mill of Player 9 (Gray) now shares resource drop-off to Player 2. (Blue)
*Exact changes here.

This thread is now closed and Resolved
On second thoughts, I'll let you close and mark this when you think we're done.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Hurm, aren't Ghoul Frenzy and Disease Cloud Black Citadel upgrades?
So I wouldn't want them on purple or yellow..

Also did I not fix the lumber mill thing on the last version or was it still there?

(You can edit changes into the last post, but reply to let me know you've changed something)

Level 18
I will remove those skills, but I have to add that I think you're making the map too easy.
Purple has no hero and only 2/2 Abominations. Without Disease Cloud, a group of two Priests will keep the defender group on maximum health with zero need for micromanagement.
Removing Ghoul Frenzy makes Ghouls pathetic against Knights, especially when fully upgraded.

I really don't want to persuade you to do anything, but originally you said that "insane" was for the real pros, and I'm not a very great player myself and I had absolutely no problem beating all enemies with all upgrades.

@Lumber Mill
You created a Dummy (Basic) at the position of Lumber Mill for Gray. I changed it into a Return Lumber Dummy for Blue. (The Lumber Mill is owned by Gray.)

EDIT1:
Undead Upgrades
Necropolis
  • Cannibalize
Halls of the Dead
  • Necromancer Adept Training
  • Skeletal Longevity
  • Web
Black Citadel
  • Necromancer Master Training
  • Disease Cloud
  • Ghoul Frenzy
  • Stone Form
  • Freezing Breath
Per this table, I will remove Ghoul Frenzy, Stone Form and Disease Cloud from Purple and Yellow.
  • -------- DIFFICULTY --------
  • -------- ===TEAL=== --------
  • Set TempInteger = 3
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Cannibalize to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Ghoul Frenzy to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • -------- ===PURPLE=== --------
  • Set TempInteger = 4
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Cannibalize to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Web to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Skeletal Longevity to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • -------- ===YELLOW=== --------
  • Set TempInteger = 5
  • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Skeletal Longevity to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • -------- ===GREEN=== --------
  • Set TempInteger = 7
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Strength to 3 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Attack to 3 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Unholy Armor to 3 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Creature Carapace to 3 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Necromancer Adept Training to 2 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Ghoul Frenzy to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Disease Cloud to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Stone Form to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Player - Set the current research level of Freezing Breath to 1 for (Player(TempInteger))
  • Set TempInteger = 0
  • -------- DIFFICULTY DONE --------
EDIT2: I will now upload the map with the new difficulty.
Nothing changed regarding the changelog, (Since it only mentions that there were difficulty adjustments) so you can use that.

Attachments

• 2P Human09 v2.5.w3x
    577 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.