• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos the Naga

Here's a model of Chaos. as a powerful, crystal enhanced naga Blademaster.
A lot of custom things have been integrated into this model, blinking crystals, custom anims..

~helpers~
debode for making me the flicker on crystals
DevineArmy for fixing me some animations
Thrikodius for making four new animations
Godslayer for makin' me a sweet skin.

So.. Give credits to Me (Misha) and Godslayer if you use this model or you'll be cut to Peaces :mwahaha:

Changes

removed some ribbons, some particles, changed crystals from blend to transparent, added dissipate event sound. removed the "NagaMyrmidon" texture from model.
i'm still not sure what particles are totally useless here.. so i'll wait for another moderation..

Keywords:
Chaos., Naga, blademaster, crystals, Godslayer, Misha, twirl, spin
Contents

Chaos the Naga (Model)

Reviews
17th Sep 2009 Rizz_Boomer: [Approved] 4/5 Py has some points in his moderation, but you limited parts and made a good model with the others. I dont get these blinking Crystals, but it seems to be wanted. So approved. 19:31, 2nd Sep 2009...

M

17th Sep 2009
Rizz_Boomer:
[Approved]
4/5
Py has some points in his moderation, but you limited parts
and made a good model with the others.
I dont get these blinking Crystals, but it seems to be wanted.
So approved.

19:31, 2nd Sep 2009
Pyritie: Okay, first impression. WTF is with the changing colors?

You've got depth fighting going on between those crystally thingies. Is their blend mode set to Blend? I'd change it to additive or something. A lot of your particle counts are very high. You can probably half them all. Also, why do you have so many particle emitters anyway? You should only really have one for bubbles, one for small water ripples, maybe one for big water ripples, one for water spray, and maybe one or two others for spells and whatnot. Instead you have 22. Wtf. You also need a dissipate sound event object.

Level 15
Actually Var, I said black skin, but this will do just fine. Awesome anims and I love the sword. Good job. Thanks for making it.

Level 5
Sweet use of the teamcolor. Good design, good performance, and it feels just rigth.
The only thing i dont like is the name. It makes me think of sonic.

But looks like a great model (havent tested ingame yet)

Edit: Tested ingame, the teamcolored scales tilt when attacking, you should fix this issue OR change it to always tilt (thougth it would be a little weird... but if you change it to do always a subtle tilt, would be just fine)

Level 23
Sweet use of the teamcolor. Good design, good performance, and it feels just rigth.
The only thing i dont like is the name. It makes me think of sonic.

But looks like a great model (havent tested ingame yet)

Edit: Tested ingame, the teamcolored scales tilt when attacking, you should fix this issue OR change it to always tilt (thougth it would be a little weird... but if you change it to do always a subtle tilt, would be just fine)

Well, it was custom-named for Chaos, who posted above you. It is supposed to represent himself. :p

Level 5
Tilt? o_O;;

if you mean the flicker of the crystals, then its here to stay >D

Ouch, i mean the flicker, sorry, i messed some words (not a native english speaker here) well, the problem with that flick is that, in game, the naga attacks, the cristals becomes black, then TC again, then black again, but this only happens in the attack animations and such. And looks weird.
Then again, if you want the cristals to flick, you should make them ALWAYS make a subtle flick.

Ouch, i mean the flicker, sorry, i messed some words (not a native english speaker here) well, the problem with that flick is that, in game, the naga attacks, the cristals becomes black, then TC again, then black again, but this only happens in the attack animations and such. And looks weird.
Then again, if you want the cristals to flick, you should make them ALWAYS make a subtle flick.

That WAS made on purpose and it's not a glitch, this is a model version of an actual RP charr, and i did all that Chaos described.

in my opinion, it looks sweet ingame.

Level 27
I think now you should prepare to be attacked by noobs asking for their model, Misha...
Like this: "Misha, can you make a demon robot shooting flames for me?! And with a heah like my avatar! Oh plz plz..."
This allways happens. Of course I think that making moderator or admin models would be fun...

Level 6
Fricking awesome! This model deserves an AwesomenessOfMoreAwesomeEventsThanAwesomeEvents/5! (4.5/5)
And...*que fanfare music* +REP!!
Anywho, what I beleive needs to be worked on a bit is the sword, I say you should've made it more "naga" like, for example, the naga Royal guard, if you made it look similar to their tridents then your model will be increased to:
JustF-ingGodLike/5 (7.5/5)
Well, this is still a kickass model, and keep up the good work! :D

Fricking awesome! This model deserves an AwesomenessOfMoreAwesomeEventsThanAwesomeEvents/5! (4.5/5)
And...*que fanfare music* +REP!!
Anywho, what I beleive needs to be worked on a bit is the sword, I say you should've made it more "naga" like, for example, the naga Royal guard, if you made it look similar to their tridents then your model will be increased to:
JustF-ingGodLike/5 (7.5/5)
Well, this is still a kickass model, and keep up the good work! :D

For your info.. :3 This sword, in original, uses the same trident texture as for the myrmidon. buut, since the trident is reworked on the custom skin, it turns out like this x3 and i wouldn't revert it to normal trident gold ever.. not even for all the money in this world :D