1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chaos Colossus 0.87d

Submitted by Dj0z
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

The influences for this map were the Sunwell in warcraft lore, and the PS game Shadow of the Colossus.
I used them for the theme, overall ambiance and tried to recreate the impression of massiveness for the Colossi (since i was disappointed at the lack of such things in warcraft III).

[​IMG]

• The story

• The Holy Well is widely renowned for its blessed water, a source of great power.
      It stands in a shiny shrine built all around it for the sole purpose of protecting it.
      Kil'Jaeden the demon lord, though, has made plans to defile the Well.
      He has just sent an elite squadron of giant demonic golems, the only ones of his minions capable of dealing with such power.
      They are, The Colossi.

The Well senses the approach of the forces of Chaos. It has called upon four fearless and devoted lords, the mighty Defenders, to ensure its protection.
      What they didn't know, is that even in their worst nightmares, no humans had ever imagined such terrific menace.

That my friend, is where your story starts.

• The gameplay

• 2 sides: The forces of Chaos, against the people of the Holy Well.

• 10 players:
      -4 Defenders
      -The Well;
      -4 Colossi,
      -Kil'Jaeden.

• The Well is in the center of the map, surrounded by human towns and relic shrines covering almost all the land.

• The Colossi destroy everything on their way to the center (the Holy Shrine).
      Their goal is to cast a corrupting spell on the Holy Well, before the angels come to save the Well.
      That happens after 30 minutes and means ultra easy victory for the Humans.

• A Defender is no match for a Colossus 1 on 1, it's like David vs Goliath, but humans use their intellect, agile moves and cooperation to make each Colossus waste as much time and health as possible, even managing to kill them in the process sometimes.
      Destroying all the Colossi is the other way for Defenders to achieve victory.

• Each Defender can build portals to bring squads of fighters from friendly countries, and/or towers to setup smart defense positions. What and how you build is a decisive part of your strategic choices.
      Defender heroes can count on their individual skill for combat and limited holy powers to push back and counterattack the demons.

• The Holy Well is granted great holy power to cast spells accross the whole map, assisting the defenders and pushing back the enemy.

• Each Colossus is a tremendously powerful giant assault hero, able to crush many things and people at once with a mere punch. For example their normal attacks cause AoE stun and damage.
      They can summon various unholy creatures around themselves to maximize the onslaught.

• Kil'Jaeden, not physically present on the map, uses his exceptionnal magical powers to release hell on the humans. He can also assist his Colossus minions in various ways.
      His power allows him to summon stronger creatures than the Colossi can make, all around the map.

• Chaos players become exponentially stronger as they kill enemies and helpless innocents.

• Humans get increased possibilities and backup, as the reinforcements from friendly countries and even Heaven come closer.

• Features

• Movie-like atmosphere, with introduction, cutscenes, event coverage, ending and even more.

• Polished special FX: special attention and careful tweaking makes animations, visuals and the game's aesthetic in general really good looking.

• Custom GUI/JASS abilities, a whole lot of them.

• Many more heroskills per hero than warcraft normally allows, thanks to the exclusive
        Leveler system and other methods.
        For example, the Stygian Colossus has 17 skills (v0.73), not counting the summons.

• Exclusive evolution system for the Colossi. They can choose from a variety of even more deadly forms when they are judged worthy of it.
        Evolutions (08-10-2011): Arctic, Crystal, Flesh, Infernal, Shadow, Stygian Colossi.

• Simple yet extensive building system for the Defenders, allowing them to setup countless strategies to defeat the evil.
        Includes small/big, short/mid/long ranged, specialized towers; traps; walls; doors; special effects etc...

• Exclusive shiny Dome shield system protecting the Well and units around it, aswell as repelling any enemy.

• Custom summoning and troop gathering system allowing the Colossi and Kil'Jaeden to summon and manage their army fast and easily.

• Hero superiority: Only heroes and a select few exceptionnal units may finish a hero, other units can only make them extremely low hp, in an almost-disabled state.

• Many other specific exclusive systems adding to the uniqueness of the map, like the chaos atom auto-gathering or the tech points manager...

• Wisely used imported music, models, icons and more.

• Player-friendly. Much work done, and is still being done to make the player feel comfortable with handling his units; helpful texts, tips and informations tell you the solution of any trouble you could come accross.

• And even more.

*There is a special ending credits scene ingame for regular beta testers. It's my way to thank these very helpful players. Why not be one?

=== MUSIC ===
-to Clint Mansell for the awesome soundtrack Lux aeterna (Requiem for a dream) partially used and edited

=== MODELS ===
-to BlackShogun for the Ice Wave spell
-to Doug (clan Map) for help about the Dome antimagic JASS
-to Paladon for Telekinesis
-to Zack1996 for Diabolic edict, modified by me for MUI
-to donut3.5 for the Faerie model
-to Mephestrial for the wooden walls model
-to Misha for the Walls block model
-to pWn3d for the sunfire model
-to Shamanyouranus for the ShadowSpawn model and shadowbindtarget
-JetFangInferno for Grudgeaura
-takakenji for Lordaeron tree.
-Lord-T-rex for Tree.
-Suselishe for Elemental Fencer.
-alfredx_sotn for Chaos Spider.
-Dionesiist for Hellgaoler.
-Ampharos_222 for BoneCutter.
-Debode & shiik for Iniquit Overlord.
-to Dark Hunter1357, Iristle, JetFangInferno, kaycei, Ergius, low_kwality, Lestat(br), b17rider, Burning_Dragoon5, Pyritie for the unit models

=== ICONS ===
-to Mr.Goblin for the shadowspawm icon, Dead Coil.
-kola for SummonInferno
-CRAZYRUSSIAN for LeftBook, Green_ag_copy.
-4eNNightmare for Sanity's Eclipse, Magic Missile.
-Peekay for EnhanceBody, Mental Strength.
-Hellx-Magnus for Spectralhead.
-DArkfang for PiercingFeathers.
- -Stygian- for Mana Burn.
-L_Lawliet for Eruption.
-to BlackRockClan, leetslay, GreyArchon for icons.

Screenshots (08-10-2011)

(removed some screenshots to try and fix bandwidth problem)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots (All outdated as of 08-10-2011)

(Old loading screen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official forums:
Dj0zmaps.goodforum.net

*Protected map.

Map auto-hosted by "TealHaze " @Europe, US East and US West!
Do " /whois tealhaze " to know if a hosting is up, and the current gn, then join!

Keywords:
Chaos, Colossus, scenario, holy, unholy, demon, epic, war, battle, Well, Colossi, Kil'Jaeden, golem, infernal, giant, burning, legion, scourge, siege,
Contents

Chaos Colossus 0.87d (Map)

Reviews
10:57, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    * I can't seem to upgrade "Basic magic resistance", where does one do that?
    * Disregard what I said earlier about the relic auras, I thought they applied to units as well as heroes.
    * Also I just noticed the forcefield bridges, those are awesome.

2. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -If it ain't among the other upgrades in the Army manager, i have most likely temporarily disabled that feature.
    -Ah :)
    -Thanks ^^

3. zmnboys

zmnboys

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer
    Rating 7/10

4. Burning_Iegion

Burning_Iegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    The "summon army" of the colossi doesn't work for evolved summons :(

5. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for notifying, i'll fix that.

6. BlackKnightTGS

BlackKnightTGS

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One of the best maps...ever! I almost completed it in Single Player, but the Well was too powerful for my Colossus. Anyways, 10000000000000000000000/5! :D

Edit: Nvm, took my revenge and won (after one thousands of years of trying to). :grin:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  7. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you :D

8. -Equalizer

-Equalizer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map :)

9. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad you like it :)

10. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On kind request of the Author, I will edit this with my mini-mod review shortly. :p

11. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm Strange this has gone unoticed but the crystal colossus' charm ability works on the angels of the well making it impossible for the defenders to win if anyone evolved to crystal colossus. Also I found that if the defenders all team up on each golem individually they can win in under 10 min >.<

12. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will check that out. It should be an easy fix, but i won't be able to upload a new version of the map before a couple weeks probably.

As for the defenders teaming up on one colossus, in that case he should runaway to the nearest allied Colossus, and said Colossus better go help him aswell. You beat teaming up, by teaming up.

13. Imsoawesome

Imsoawesome

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yet another awesome map by you :)

14. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks dude :) and guess what...
    It's being revived too, just like i did with Avatar, and the revival is around 70% done as of today!

The revival version is faster, more dynamic, much simpler, has Way prettier terrain, many new cool models and icons, some bugs are fixed, new units, specialized colossus summons that are now specific to your eolved colossus, and more.
    I might increase quality of the soundtrack aswell since bnet map size was increased to 8mb in the meantime.

Stay tuned!

15. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hooray!

Will there be other colossi to play as?

16. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice to see around again :) There won't be new colossi in the first revival version, but shortly after yeah.
    In this revival version however, Colossi start out faster and easier to handle, and when they evolve, their summons will be specific to their colossus type, making your evolution choice even more important, with more specialized outcomes.
    I have already made 2 evolved summons for both Crystal and Infernal, and they're really cool. I'll finish the others tomorrow, and probably release the map.

EDIT: Does anyone have trouble seeing the map in the map list, or playing it?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  17. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't... but then, I only ever play it by myself.

So far, only one comment: make the walls in the towns taller, or at least make them more visible by putting assorted doodads on the sides (as-is, they look like passable ramps).

18. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see, i'm gonna do something about that.

19. KissOfAries

KissOfAries

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will there any upgrade for kil'jaeden? (improve mana regen, improve cooldown, improve dam/cast time, etc...)

Because i think kil'jaeden only buff/pool for colossi, that was waste.

P/s: in WoW lore (warcraft): Kil'jaeden is the Deceiver not Defiler, the Defiler is archimonde.
    sr about my bad english :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  20. Imsoawesome

Imsoawesome

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with cleavinghammer, I've noticed that too. But maybe you should leave them like that and allow colossi to walk over them, since they're so big. I mean, they shouldn't all fly like the shadow colossus, but at least be able to climb small cliffs?