1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chaos Colossus 0.87d

Submitted by Dj0z
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

The influences for this map were the Sunwell in warcraft lore, and the PS game Shadow of the Colossus.
I used them for the theme, overall ambiance and tried to recreate the impression of massiveness for the Colossi (since i was disappointed at the lack of such things in warcraft III).

[​IMG]

• The story

• The Holy Well is widely renowned for its blessed water, a source of great power.
      It stands in a shiny shrine built all around it for the sole purpose of protecting it.
      Kil'Jaeden the demon lord, though, has made plans to defile the Well.
      He has just sent an elite squadron of giant demonic golems, the only ones of his minions capable of dealing with such power.
      They are, The Colossi.

The Well senses the approach of the forces of Chaos. It has called upon four fearless and devoted lords, the mighty Defenders, to ensure its protection.
      What they didn't know, is that even in their worst nightmares, no humans had ever imagined such terrific menace.

That my friend, is where your story starts.

• The gameplay

• 2 sides: The forces of Chaos, against the people of the Holy Well.

• 10 players:
      -4 Defenders
      -The Well;
      -4 Colossi,
      -Kil'Jaeden.

• The Well is in the center of the map, surrounded by human towns and relic shrines covering almost all the land.

• The Colossi destroy everything on their way to the center (the Holy Shrine).
      Their goal is to cast a corrupting spell on the Holy Well, before the angels come to save the Well.
      That happens after 30 minutes and means ultra easy victory for the Humans.

• A Defender is no match for a Colossus 1 on 1, it's like David vs Goliath, but humans use their intellect, agile moves and cooperation to make each Colossus waste as much time and health as possible, even managing to kill them in the process sometimes.
      Destroying all the Colossi is the other way for Defenders to achieve victory.

• Each Defender can build portals to bring squads of fighters from friendly countries, and/or towers to setup smart defense positions. What and how you build is a decisive part of your strategic choices.
      Defender heroes can count on their individual skill for combat and limited holy powers to push back and counterattack the demons.

• The Holy Well is granted great holy power to cast spells accross the whole map, assisting the defenders and pushing back the enemy.

• Each Colossus is a tremendously powerful giant assault hero, able to crush many things and people at once with a mere punch. For example their normal attacks cause AoE stun and damage.
      They can summon various unholy creatures around themselves to maximize the onslaught.

• Kil'Jaeden, not physically present on the map, uses his exceptionnal magical powers to release hell on the humans. He can also assist his Colossus minions in various ways.
      His power allows him to summon stronger creatures than the Colossi can make, all around the map.

• Chaos players become exponentially stronger as they kill enemies and helpless innocents.

• Humans get increased possibilities and backup, as the reinforcements from friendly countries and even Heaven come closer.

• Features

• Movie-like atmosphere, with introduction, cutscenes, event coverage, ending and even more.

• Polished special FX: special attention and careful tweaking makes animations, visuals and the game's aesthetic in general really good looking.

• Custom GUI/JASS abilities, a whole lot of them.

• Many more heroskills per hero than warcraft normally allows, thanks to the exclusive
        Leveler system and other methods.
        For example, the Stygian Colossus has 17 skills (v0.73), not counting the summons.

• Exclusive evolution system for the Colossi. They can choose from a variety of even more deadly forms when they are judged worthy of it.
        Evolutions (08-10-2011): Arctic, Crystal, Flesh, Infernal, Shadow, Stygian Colossi.

• Simple yet extensive building system for the Defenders, allowing them to setup countless strategies to defeat the evil.
        Includes small/big, short/mid/long ranged, specialized towers; traps; walls; doors; special effects etc...

• Exclusive shiny Dome shield system protecting the Well and units around it, aswell as repelling any enemy.

• Custom summoning and troop gathering system allowing the Colossi and Kil'Jaeden to summon and manage their army fast and easily.

• Hero superiority: Only heroes and a select few exceptionnal units may finish a hero, other units can only make them extremely low hp, in an almost-disabled state.

• Many other specific exclusive systems adding to the uniqueness of the map, like the chaos atom auto-gathering or the tech points manager...

• Wisely used imported music, models, icons and more.

• Player-friendly. Much work done, and is still being done to make the player feel comfortable with handling his units; helpful texts, tips and informations tell you the solution of any trouble you could come accross.

• And even more.

*There is a special ending credits scene ingame for regular beta testers. It's my way to thank these very helpful players. Why not be one?

=== MUSIC ===
-to Clint Mansell for the awesome soundtrack Lux aeterna (Requiem for a dream) partially used and edited

=== MODELS ===
-to BlackShogun for the Ice Wave spell
-to Doug (clan Map) for help about the Dome antimagic JASS
-to Paladon for Telekinesis
-to Zack1996 for Diabolic edict, modified by me for MUI
-to donut3.5 for the Faerie model
-to Mephestrial for the wooden walls model
-to Misha for the Walls block model
-to pWn3d for the sunfire model
-to Shamanyouranus for the ShadowSpawn model and shadowbindtarget
-JetFangInferno for Grudgeaura
-takakenji for Lordaeron tree.
-Lord-T-rex for Tree.
-Suselishe for Elemental Fencer.
-alfredx_sotn for Chaos Spider.
-Dionesiist for Hellgaoler.
-Ampharos_222 for BoneCutter.
-Debode & shiik for Iniquit Overlord.
-to Dark Hunter1357, Iristle, JetFangInferno, kaycei, Ergius, low_kwality, Lestat(br), b17rider, Burning_Dragoon5, Pyritie for the unit models

=== ICONS ===
-to Mr.Goblin for the shadowspawm icon, Dead Coil.
-kola for SummonInferno
-CRAZYRUSSIAN for LeftBook, Green_ag_copy.
-4eNNightmare for Sanity's Eclipse, Magic Missile.
-Peekay for EnhanceBody, Mental Strength.
-Hellx-Magnus for Spectralhead.
-DArkfang for PiercingFeathers.
- -Stygian- for Mana Burn.
-L_Lawliet for Eruption.
-to BlackRockClan, leetslay, GreyArchon for icons.

Screenshots (08-10-2011)

(removed some screenshots to try and fix bandwidth problem)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots (All outdated as of 08-10-2011)

(Old loading screen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official forums:
Dj0zmaps.goodforum.net

*Protected map.

Map auto-hosted by "TealHaze " @Europe, US East and US West!
Do " /whois tealhaze " to know if a hosting is up, and the current gn, then join!

Keywords:
Chaos, Colossus, scenario, holy, unholy, demon, epic, war, battle, Well, Colossi, Kil'Jaeden, golem, infernal, giant, burning, legion, scourge, siege,
Contents

Chaos Colossus 0.87d (Map)

Reviews
10:57, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i suppose that is true, but you could "complain" in a better way.

2. Burning_Iegion

Burning_Iegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt he even played the map. And if he did, the only explaination is that he s****d badly.
    Now back to topic, peepz!

3. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    0.74 is out, enjoy :)
    It comes with major changes especially for the Defenders, who long awaited that gameplay & balance overhaul.

EDIT: Actually, 0.75 comes completing the recent overhaul, by making the Domes actually repel chaos efficiently.
    Also fixes the most common glitches that used to annoy the players sometimes.

v0.76 brings many gameplay and cosmetics improvements, and makes the Well more active than before.
    I've already received much positive feedback on this one. Check it out!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Burning_Iegion

Burning_Iegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    o_O nice wall model. The Avatar of the well pwnz too.

5. Burning_Iegion

Burning_Iegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    The birds of Zues are new units right?

6. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep, they weren't obtainable before.

EDIT: Actually, neither were gunners, same for wolf riders imo.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. Lag_Reviews

Lag_Reviews

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome map, Heres a Review:

Awesome map :p it should be higher rating.

Although It is not perfect so... let me rate this map!

I played as Colossus and defender :p I played the defender mostly (The one which could build towers)

First method of rating:

1) Terrain - Excellent (4)
    The terrain is awesome, it is very good texture. To get a better rating for this get a few more custom doodads and maybe make special effects like rain and sunlight etc :p

2) Fun factor/gameplay - Ecellent (4.5)
    The game-play of the game is Excellent although there is missing. You Need to add something just to boost it up to 5.

3) Single player - Bad (1)
    Single player is really bad because there is no AI support.

4) AI support - Horrible (0)
    There is no AI support :( that part gets a 0

5) Originality - Excellent (5)
    This map is very original and unique as it is a one of a kind defend the well map.

6) File Size - Reasonable (3)
    File size is a bit on the small side (This means you have alot of room for improvement) But overall, the file size is reasonable.

7) Internet/LAN Friendly - Excellent (5)
    Works very well over LAN and Internet, as it does not crash for random reasons.

8) Balancing - Excellent (4)
    You balance this game excellently. As mentioned above, the idea is too defend or destroy the well inside the time limit. As far as I saw nearly everything around the map was balanced although a few towers when fully upgraded might own a few of the units if there are only like one or two attacking that tower.

9) Credits - Excellent (5)
    You list the credits very well and list all the people/beta testers good job.

10) Theme - Excellent (5)
    Defend the well very very original.

11) Description/Information/Detail - good (4)
    add a youtube video to the description to make it good and maybe an upcoming update log.

12) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Good (5)
    Fits all Hiveworkshop Rules!

Overall top rating (45.5/60)

Second method of rating:

Game-play [4/5]:
    The game-play of the game is Excellent although there is missing. You Need to add something just to boost it up to 5.

Balance [4/5]:
    You balance this game excellently. As mentioned above, the idea is too defend or destroy the well inside the time limit. As far as I saw nearly everything around the map was balanced although a few towers when fully upgraded might own a few of the units if there are only like one or two attacking that tower.

Visuals [3/5]:
    The visuals of the game, the look and feel is just average. From what I see there are not many custom models or anything like that for buildings, creeps and towers (Get some it would make this map epic) As for the Terrain that is just awesome, it is very good texture. To get a better rating for this get a few more custom doodads(like 1 or 2 here and there) and maybe make special effects like rain and sunlight etc :p

Usefulness of the map [4/5]:
    Other then a couple of tweaks and fixes, I would share this game to anyone who enjoys a slow type of keep the hero alive. If you work out a few more tweaks, I am sure you will get a higher grade. This map is very useful/fun.

Other Points [3/5]:
    While the idea of the game is very good and suits the map well, although it still has alot of things that could be done to make it look, feel and even be more enjoyable all over. Although on a good point there are no bugs within the game that I have actually found. Overall the game is working, has no bugs and just a few customization issues in need to make it a 5/5 star map.

Stuff to add in future (-3.5):
    • Add AI support, it is a bit hard to get a full house sometimes (IT would be good to chuck a few AI to fill up the spots, especially if you are playing LAN or single player.)
    • Add custom voices for cinametic at start
    • Add Custom background music it seems dull
    • Add custom models for heroes, buildings, upgrades and units etc
    • Add Special effects like snow/rain or sunlight

18/25 (from above)
    minus 3.5 for the stuff you need to add to make it better
    Overall Bottom Rating(15.5/25)

[​IMG]

Overall with a few tweaks this will be an awesome map,
    Lag_Reviews :p

PS: Nice loading screen, custom gameplay, Also loved the number of upgrades there were in the map! Keep up the good work and i'm sure this map will become huge!

PSS: This is a total different review from your other map.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for reviewing, buddy :) even though you forgot to update some fields when you pasted the review you made for Rival Dynasties into here :D

Like this point for instance lol. It made me think you had posted in the wrong thread at first :p.
    You might wanna rewrite those parts so i know really what you think of Chaos Colossus.
    So actually, what did you play, Defender or Colossus (or the Well or Kil'Jaeden)?

9. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've read the descriprions and I find it interesting, though I don't like such type of maps.
    And is there any weapons for humans to match their anamies?
    You know, like a veeery big crossbow - human "mount" it and use, but cannot move until unmount.

10. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see, you mean ballistas? Atm there are other ways to pull that off, the humans can bring alot of troops from friendly countries through portals, and build towers and traps aswell.
    Ballistas are a nice idea, i might use it later.

What do you mean by "such type of maps" by the way? I mean i can hardly give that map a "type" at all...

11. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I meant ballistas=)
    I mean, I like AOS, Arenas and Survivals, and I cannot say that your map is any of these types=)
    Anyway, good luck with the map=)

12. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh i see, mostly types of maps where you have just 1 hero basically (i'd recommend you to play as colossus in this then).
    You know, you never really know if you'd like a map when you haven't played one that at least resembles it :p
    Anyways thanks for the good luck :) .

13. warblazer

warblazer

Resources:
    Resources:
    there are some bugs with the crystal collosus, if he has skillpoints and his images die or run out of time he loses the skillpoints, and at level 5 his images die when you summon them

14. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The second bug you mentioned is known, it's apparently not due to the level of the spell, but to the level of the hull upgrade. For some unknown reason, if your hull is maxed (level 10), the images will instantly die when created.
    I'll try to fix it in next version, if you have more information about this please let me know.

On the other hand, i never heard about that first bug you talked about, thanks for the report, i'll look into it.

Version 0.81 is released, by the way.

15. Daric

Daric

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the map
    5/5
    this map is great, i played it with Dj0s today and i had alot of fun, just add more evolutions and Summons then this map is perfectly

16. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Version 0.83 is up!
    Major terrain revamps almost everywhere, and a very long gameplay-oriented changelog.

17. Ultimate_MapCreator

Ultimate_MapCreator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, major bug:
    When I killed a Colossus (non-evolved, green), the interface went bugged, which ment that you could not see where you would be going to place a building, and had no tooltips...

18. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This happens sometimes, randomly, without a reason.
    It auto-fixes when another death scene happens, usually, though i know it's annoying.
    I have no idea why this happens, so if you saved replay feel free to send it to me so i can see if i can get a clue.

19. kazajin

kazajin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested another game and had the same issue there is no screen for good guys bad guys that shows up and the game doesn't play it just goes straight back to choosing a map.

20. fancy

fancy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm trying this for sure!