• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chaos Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
No this is not an arena map. Essentially it's a turn based strategy game. Imagine a chess board, then add flaps on each side to make it a plus sign. There are 4 players, who can pick from 12 races. The races consist of archers, footmen, cavalry, mages, siege, a king, and special units.

Each unit for each race gain levels after a kill, with max level of 3. At each level up they gain an ability. It can be battle abilities, for when they land on the same square and go into an arena to fight. Or it can be a field ability, such as Heal ally, or Siege enemy both of which do not cause a battle to take place.

As the game progresses Magic Shards are obtained which can be used to level up units, or use an ultimate ability unique to each race. The object is to kill the king of each of the other 3 players, which keeping yours alive.

-----------
What I'm looking for:
-----------

I need some people to help make abilities and balance units. I've already made the 12 races, and 6 of the ultimates, as well as the entire game engine(movement, battle, etc etc). However when it comes to balancing units and making abilities I'd like some help.

A few abilities are created as guide lines, and I can discuss all the details with the willing volenteer(s).
http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1844&d=1169310385

Note these are old pictures, the map has come a long way since these were taken.

Attachments

• AMoveSys2.JPG
    AMoveSys2.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 183
Level 3
The Map

I almost forgot to post the map.

This is an optimized map, with bugs and testing text. Not reccommended to play online, due to the fact I havn't removed testing things.

Attachments

• ChaosOPT.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
Level 3
yeah

From what I've seen there is no way to add a file in a post edit.

And you hit it on the head, I'm asking for help. This map is just for helpers to get an idea of the map before they sign up. Read my above post. I'm hoping for something along the lines of 2 abilities per unit, with something around 90 units. They don't have to be custom trigger abilities, but certainly several will be. I have made a few abilities as examples.

The Human Resistance 's Longbowman has the "Fire Arrow" ability which attacks a unit on the field, without entering battle. This is a custom trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.