• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing that Tauren-Thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Well, i v played this map the other day, and i noticed that the witch doctor is weird tauren-thingy thats isnt similar to the D3 WD. Then, i hav an idea.
Saddly, im not hav idea how to edit a model, but i can give and idea to one modeller.
The model, could be based on the Trollish witch doctor. Why? Simple:
The Witch Doctor of Wc3 is thin and his movements are like the D3 Witch Doctor. by the way, the tauren are really muscled and doesnt fit wit a witch doctor.
Mostly of the changes i hav in mind can be do it by editing the skin, but other changes need to be done by changin the model.
There is my idea:

Firts of all, we need to remove some unusuable things, like these:
attachment.php

This will look like this one:
attachment.php

Then, we can add other stuff, like this concept:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Later, we need to create the shield and the mask. These can be attachments or part of the model.
These are concept of how they be made:
attachment.php

attachment.php

One time we get the model done, we need to simply do a skin to make this WD look more like a Black human and not like Blue Troll.

I think this changes doesnt get too more file size, because the model will remplace the tauren one, and the skin doesnt will get too high size.

Hope this idea get make and a modeller can do this.

More Ideas to come!
See ya!

Attachments

• Things To Remove.jpg
    Things To Remove.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 639
  • Things Removed.jpg
    Things Removed.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 709
  • Adding other stuff.jpg
    Adding other stuff.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 635
  • OtherStuffAdded.jpg
    OtherStuffAdded.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 724
  • Mask.jpg
    Mask.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 831
  • Shield.jpg
    Shield.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 667
Level 30
I like it :D We're always looking for ways to make the map look more like the real D3 :p

The only problem I have is that the warcraft 3 witch-doctor walk / attack animations aren't all that good :/ in my opinion, the shadow-hunter would make a better base model as the animations just look far cooler in game :)

However, if we could somehow make a witch-doctor using this model, but change the animations I'm all for it :)

Level 6
good idea and i know that its possible to change animations between units

Edit: i will post this idea in the request forum of the hive.

Last edited:
Level 16
Attention!!:
I finally learned to model. I will work on this! :)
before to do that, i will need to ask to you, staff and players:
which model would i use to base?: Hero shadow hunter (troll) or Witch doctor (also troll)??
take a count that i dont know how to do anims so far, then the model will have the anims of the base model. (also i can import some anims of other models, but this has a limit.)

Level 16
the shape isnt a real problem, i can change it a lot. btw, the real witch doctor (of D3, the one of blizzard) doesnt appear trowin nothin in the gp trailer like in this map. he has a knife or something, so his normal attacks are melee (this also happens with the wizard and will happen with all the characters, coz Wc3 isnt equal to D3 :S )

Level 19
the shape isnt a real problem, i can change it a lot. btw, the real witch doctor (of D3, the one of blizzard) doesnt appear trowin nothin in the gp trailer like in this map. he has a knife or something, so his normal attacks are melee (this also happens with the wizard and will happen with all the characters, coz Wc3 isnt equal to D3 :S )

The Witch Doctor in Diablo 3 is capable of throwing deadly bombs. Go ahead with it but make sure that the animations matches the one in Diablo 3. :p

Level 16
well, i didnt touch the staff so far. i will remove it, it isnt a final version.
i make the mask for it, coz CW will not use attachment system or something, if i remove that mask, then , the axe from the barbarian would be removed too :p

i used some in game screenshot as reference, coz this map is based on the ingame trailer :)

EDIT:
attachment.php

Attachments

• plaga.jpg
    plaga.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 269
Level 19
Hi!
here is a fast scrnsht, that i got so far:
attachment.php

Should i add a hero glow?
some other C&C?
Now im workin on add some light armor to he.
Feedback needed. =)

That's some pretty cool stuff you got there! Please just remove the staff so in the future we could add our own attachments.

The mask can stay as it's pretty important. Make sure that you use the witch doctor's texture.

I'm hoping we could implement the new model soon! :D

Level 16
i will not use ingame textures, coz DD will make one for me.
Equally, the actual Tauren thingy has it own custom textures. :p
The staff its makin a problem for me, coz in his walk animation he relies on the staff :S
Remember that it isnt the final model, i has too much to work. :)

Level 16
The staff its makin a problem for me, coz in his walk animation he relies on the staff :S

Just use another units walk animation then? :eek:
If that's even possible.. xD

Level 30
Holey Moley :O Thats fantastic :) It resembles the D3 witch-doctor perfectly!

As redmarine said, the only thing that really needs changing is removing the weapon as were gonna add some of our own weapon attachments. Everything else can stay though! :) Hero glow is also a good idea :p

Cant wait to see some of the animations :D keep up the great work!

Level 6

i got something that might help you

http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/animtransfer.zip
and
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialanimtransfer.html

and the animation remover tool: http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=790151&postcount=3

Level 16
Madgc, i use all these tools. Thanks anyway. :)

Well, for knowledge to all: not all the animations fits in all the models, coz there uses the bones names of the model, and not all the bones has the same name in diferent models. Thats sucks. :)
I will see what i can do with the anims. I add some light shoulder pads to it, and then i will add hero glow. About it: has the wizard a hero glow? if not, you need to add it to she! :)

I will post a screenshot tomorrow, now im eatin pizza! xD

Level 6
oh i see :grin:

and its MadQc not madgc :D

anyway good luck and we are waiting for that screenshot!

Level 16
sorry, madqc. (damn underline!)

guys, we hav a problem here. i try it like ten times with different models and animations, but, its impossible to remove the staff of the wd. The anims of the ShadowHunter arent good, coz he is too stooping and its fucked up in some anims. The only solution is that i learn how to make anims in Milkshape and learn how (damn) export a model from milkshape without fuck it. >.<
I will replace it for one more Diablo-like, i will base it on the staff of the female wd of diablo, that is better than nothin.
Anyway, this model will be better than the actual, i think.
I will remake when i learn how to animate and export good with Milkshape.

Im goin to make his staff and then i will post screenshots. See ya! :º

Level 16
Screeeeeeensht!
attachment.php

Any idea? need feedback.

I dint attached the hero glow, coz i think this:
If you will add hero glow to the wizard, then you can add one to the Wd, and then, without hero glow into the model, this wd will be lower size. ;)

It has dissipate anim now, i did it with the Callahan tut from here.

hope you like it ^^

Attachments

• Wdlast.jpg
    Wdlast.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 220
Level 14
Screeeeeeensht!
attachment.php

Any idea? need feedback.

I dint attached the hero glow, coz i think this:
If you will add hero glow to the wizard, then you can add one to the Wd, and then, without hero glow into the model, this wd will be lower size. ;)

It has dissipate anim now, i did it with the Callahan tut from here.

hope you like it ^^

WUhoooo! I love it!

Level 19
This model will probably make the witch doctor one of the most attractive classes. He's so awesome!

Now to the criticism. I agree with dansaDisco on all the parts and I think you should remove that staff asap. I presume I don't have to tell you everything. :p

Level 16
Im fixin the wrap atm.
The feathers arent Tc, coz there cant be alphaed and Tc at the same time.
im learnin how to use Milkshape and all that things in order to remove the Damn staff that you want to i remove from it. What is that weapon that you want attach to it?? ...
-----------------------------------------------------

syltman said:
Aye aye, there should be a feather mouth like the Witch doctor got
of what feather mouth are you talkin about? can you put an image? sorry, but i didnt understood you..

Level 19
Im fixin the wrap atm.
The feathers arent Tc, coz there cant be alphaed and Tc at the same time.
im learnin how to use Milkshape and all that things in order to remove the Damn staff that you want to i remove from it. What is that weapon that you want attach to it?? ...
-----------------------------------------------------

of what feather mouth are you talkin about? can you put an image? sorry, but i didnt understood you..

We'll find a more suitable replacement for the Witch Doctor other than his current staff.

Level 16
hehe, thnks for the good feedbacks. (i dont hate the rep, you know? xD)
You will need to wait me some more time, coz i want to make it perfect. And the perfection has its price. (Stella Artois xD)
see ya guys! ^^

PS: nightwish.ger, im not gay! ... wait a moment... are you a girl? ¬¬

Level 16
you said like theys was broken or what?

Just so they are not this straight, maybe make the way they go a bit more smooth and not exactly the same horns on booth sides?

I'm sure you'll be able to use a more high quality texture because we're most likely going to replace the skeleton boss with a new one which is roughly about 100 KB smaller.

Yeah, that's my job once the model is done :]

Status
Not open for further replies.