• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How much filesize gets the life and mana orbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
well i was wonderin with this, and i see that the actual orbs are made in 3d so i just did these news that you can use and only gets 4.1 kb each one!! :D
there are maded in a 2d piece thats turns with the player camera, so you never will notice that are 2d (like the balls in the back of the troll witch doctor)
here is a pic:
attachment.php

Hope this helps to save more filesize.
See ya! :D

Attachments

• LifeOrb.mdx
    4.1 KB · Views: 89
  • ManaOrb.mdx
    4.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screensht.jpg
    Screensht.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 279
Level 16
thats the thing that i question in the thread!!
i need to know if the actual orbs are big filesize or not!
i thought that because the actual orbs are made in a total-3d shape, with various polys, and my orb has only a few polys because are a 2d-like a-3d. ;)

Level 16
Damn, that'll result in anime maps with many imports. :p [/OFFTOPIC]

And even more import spammed ORPG's that will now take 10 min to load instead of 5 for the people with bad pc's :D

Edit:

[ON-TOPIC]
I made a quick comparison between
Xezko's life orb - Blizzards Life Orb - The orb we use now
2w56gxd.jpg

That is what I got. It actually seems no of the orbs look like the real one from diablo 3 (in the middle) But Xezko's orb is probably the best if we want one that looks more like the blizzard one
(unless he can edit it to match the middle screenshot because then it will really pwn :D)

Last edited:
Level 16
well, i can edit it, changin the particles a bit and makin it more dark, but i cant change the texture cuz is an ingame one. I will see what i can do.
Anyway, is true!: my one looks more like the blizzard one and has less filesize! :D

EDIT: How this one looks? :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 142
  • LifeOrb2.mdx
    4.1 KB · Views: 76
Level 17
Acording to what Bashiok said, They remade the globe making it like this:
It is a transperant red ball and have a little red globe in the middle and it haves some glow around it.

But i can not rememer if he said that before or after the one you posted was shown.
So i dont know if thats the old or new one.. But thats how he said it was going to look like :p

Level 16
Acording to what Bashiok said, They remade the globe making it like this:
It is a transperant red ball and have a little red globe in the middle and it haves some glow around it.

But i can not rememer if he said that before or after the one you posted was shown.
So i dont know if thats the old or new one.. But thats how he said it was going to look like :p

Well I think the SS I took it from was rather new, I might be wrong though.

Anyway I still like xezko's orb better than the OrcBloodX orb we have now :p

Level 16
yes, but atm we not have any image of how thats will looks, and we arent sure if thats exactly how will look, so, we can use this for now to save some filesize, but, when Blizzard reveals the new ones, or when Blizzard get us the new path (with that delicious 8 mb) i will can make a new orb more like the new one of Blizzard. But, for now, that is what we have. :)
I will fix the orb, coz its too browny atm xD

Level 17
Just make a damn globe that actually looks like its going to heal you and not hurt you, haha.
its like
Guy one: "Look its a buring globe on the ground lets check it out!!!"
Guy two: "NO, DONT!!! IT MIGHT DAMAGE YOU ASSHOLE"
Guy one: "Duuh... The name on the items says it all..."
"Guy two: "How confusing... it doesnt look like its going to heal."

x)
Seriusly, if it wasnt for the item name i wouldent dare to pick it up.
Looks like a buring globe o_O

Okey.. the new one is good i have to say, but it could have been better.. i guess..
Just take the new one, thats fine with me. x)

Level 19
Added moar red and a bit of orange.
I this is ok i will do the mana version. :D

You have a tendancy to make corrupted models capable of crashing the Editor. From now on please test your model in the editor before actually uploading the model on the Hive.

Anyway, I think it is beautiful but you should consider to remove the line which makes it seem like it is cut in half. If it is the particles then make them more transparent but increase their volume.

Level 16
You have a tendancy to make corrupted models capable of crashing the Editor. From now on please test your model in the editor before actually uploading the model on the Hive.

Anyway, I think it is beautiful but you should consider to remove the line which makes it seem like it is cut in half. If it is the particles then make them more transparent but increase their volume.

It's the texture.
BloodElfBallz.blp Looks like that :p

Level 17
Are you telling me that bloodelfballs is red as well? god damn.. isnt that a little to much red?

And the seriuse talking:
Make a custom one based on the currently used skin but kind of copy pasta it so the entire globe looks like the bottom part, that would look awesome i think :p

Level 19
Are you telling me that bloodelfballs is red as well? god damn.. isnt that a little to much red?

And the seriuse talking:
Make a custom one based on the currently used skin but kind of copy pasta it so the entire globe looks like the bottom part, that would look awesome i think :p

You're right. The bottom part does look more like the one in Diablo 3.

Level 16
well, i fixed it and now doesnt crashes the WE. I hav a weird virtue to make corrupted models xD
but, i hav now a problem to solve, coz now the model doesnt rotate with the camera and its looks 2d and reaaaally horrib.
So i will see if i can fix it. :)

EDIT: Gotcha! i solved the damn problem. Thanks goes to Callahan and l0w kwality that helped me. :)
Here its the model and the texture. Doesnt crashes the WE anymore.
There are a bit little ingame, but you can make it bigger via triggers i think.
:D

the path for the texture is simply: "LifeBallTexture.blp"
So, do i the mana version ? :)

Attachments

• LifeBallTexture.blp
    7.8 KB · Views: 65
  • LifeOrb.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.