• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

buffs not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
so this is my map. the ability "old god's gift" is supposed to be like troll witch doctor's "healing ward" with everything copied from that (except for the tentacle unit). it does regenerate health as I see but it doesnt show the aura neither on itself nor on nearby allies. any idea?

Attachments

• (6)Monsoon.w3x
    239.1 KB · Views: 2
Level 20
I don't think healing wards display a buff in the base game apart from the sparkly healing effect, do they?

What you can do is create a blank version of e.g. Devotion Aura that doesn't provide any benefit, but its buff will show up properly on units. Give that to your ward and it should work

In the old days, people claimed that if you edited "Tornado Slow Aura" instead of "Devotion Aura" that then you could have 3 different abilities made from "Tornado Slow Aura" but where they were set to slow by 0% (no slow) and the buffs would show for all 3 of those abilities, even though if you had 3 devotion auras on a unit then it would combine to one buff icon for the different abilities, effectively hiding the custom icon of your ability.

The way that these systems interact changed on Patch 1.30 and beyond. So it's really only if you are on some older patch like 1.26 or 1.27 that I would suggest you to use Tornado Slow Aura instead of Devotion Aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.