• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Resource Icons and Text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Changingthe name and Tooltip is simple, but not at the same time.

Since the TEXT EDITOR (The Big 'A' button) thats included with Galaxy doesnt have a search function of any kind that I could find.

But Open the Text Editor,

Set both Drop Downs to ANY.
Any make sure its set to sort by TEXT Ascending

Scroll to where you will see M's and find this line.

Text- ID
Minerals UI/ResourceName0

If you select that line and then click to sort by ID, you will see the other resources all list right there for you and also below that will be the tooltips. Supply Tooltip is also listed right below.

Just as a reference-

Text - ID
Vespene UI/ResourceName1
Terrazine UI/ResourceName2
Custom UI/ResourceName3

Note that Terazine actuall has no TOOLTIP, if you use it, you will need to add one. (Its the UI/ResourceTooltip2 one)

Just a note, once you change the TEXT field, it will move to where ever aphebetically it should be sorted, so make sure you can find it again, or find your way back to the others to change them too.

As for the images, I have not located it yet, Ive looked over the Data Editor and can not locate it, What i havent tried is changing it via Triggers. So who knows if its possible without modifying the UI itself through more hands on editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.