• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

UI resource icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
just wondering if replacing the files of the in game resource icons at the top is the only known way to change them

Level 2
the icons that display at the top right that indicate the type of resource (minerals, gas, terrazine, custom) is what i need to change

Level 2
so if i did this right there should be a picture. i need to make the icons at the top on the UI match the once for cost mineralstuff.png

Level 2
instead of startin another thread, why can't buildings use the medic heal skill? I'm trying to make a building that serves as a power station that transfers its energy to other buildings via a heal type skill called power but when a building casts the power ability it just greys out the button, when i give a unit the power ability it works as it should. also i have not forgotten to give the building energy to cast the power ability

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure it really is not working. It is possible that all the ability graphics do not work and the actual move still is.

If that is not the case (really does not work), then check the validators the move uses. It is possible it has a validator somewhere excluding building casters (potentially for a stupid or debugging reason).

Level 2
Well problem mostly solved, my healer on the building one that is. A simple deletion of the pathing footprint for the building solved it. Dunno why though not like the building needs to turn or anything. Still looking for a solution to change those pesky UI resource icons though :)

Level 2
They dont need a turret they just have to have nonzero movement speed. Dont have to add move ability so it still functions as a structure it doesnt rotate either.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes because you refund it 7 times?

The sell ability is obviously triggering the trigger 7 times as you run the trigger at any stage of the ability being used. There are atleast 7 stages thus you get refunded 7 times.

Use a specific stage, preferably towards the end of the ability being cast (when it is no longer cancle able).

Status
Not open for further replies.